MonkeyMan

Standard Bore
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 TFC
After tearing up two zippered bags from Triumph, had to do some thing different. I have two rockets, a 2020 R3 and a 2022 R3GT. (The GT is primarily for my fiancé.) Didn't like the expense of the Corbin option, but went with it for the GT. I have read a lot of posts that the triumph bags are not satisfactory, and this is definitely my take. And I have to avoid using foul language to better my opinion. I have also read posts that Triumph probably has improved options in development, and this is likely to be true. I hope it to be true; I want Triumph to be as successful as possible and I think this bike is a winner. I like the bike immensely, but would like better wind management options and definitely better luggage options. This is my first Triumph, after 30 years of BMW. Got spoiled with luggage performance from BMW.

My experience with the Corbin bags is as follows: Good quality, good hinges, solid mounting. Nothing wet after 50 miles in hard rain. Pretty decent looks. Video provided by Corbin on youtube is 98% correct and was essential for my installation success. The installation had some rough points where holes in mounting brackets and other parts didn't quite match up. I am glad I have some mechanical skills, I am glad I had big drill bits, a dremel tool w/ files and burrs, a second set of hands (my fiancé), and a motorcycle lift. I removed my rear tire which was a good move and not shown in the video. After installation, which was a trying experience, I rode 65 miles, stopped at a gas station, only to find that my L side bag lid was flopped open, and my little cooler w/ lunch was gone. Thank God other items weren't gone too. I went back to my shop to analyze carefully the process of how this could've happened, and I saw how it took place- too difficult for me to explain in words here. I determined that if the bags are locked while riding, that the possibility of the lid opening is reduced to almost zero, and now experience of 600 more miles of riding and 2000miles of bumping along on a trailer has proven this to be the case. The lids have not opened since I have been sure to keep them locked when the bike is mobile.

Youtube walk around video:

IMG_6673.jpeg

IMG_6678.jpeg

Good looking bike and bags. I was having a hard time visualizing the black even with the Corbin install video, but yours definitely makes them look good. Strongly considering a set for my R now, thanks.

Good looking bike and bags. I was having a hard time visualizing the black even with the Corbin install video, but yours definitely makes them look good. Strongly considering a set for my R now, thanks.
The bags are big , and their long backward slope takes away a little bit of the leanness and muscle of the bike, not a problem for me, but noticeable. The right side holds my helmet and cardo communicator

I'm curious, what did those cost, I looked at Corbin bags for a bike once, I forget which bike, they were $2500!😲

I'm curious, what did those cost, I looked at Corbin bags for a bike once, I forget which bike, they were $2500!😲
W shipping and tax, ~$4,100. Very pricey, and I’m not keen on that. I was rather desperate, I commute and travel, waited As long as I could for an option to come through from Triumph or another vendor that was functionally competitive.

Back