Akita Man

.040 Over
I am still using the under seat air filter. I will be installing a Corbin Rumble seat. Aftermarket seat pans (including Corbin) do not have the nifty air intakes built in...is this an issue.

I am considering going to triple K&N's under the bear claw...how difficult is this project?

I've had no issues with mine, but I did hear of one Captain on this site that had a special tune installed for just that reason. Maybe he'll chime in.

Here's the sticky for doing the triples ....

Link Removed

The only variable is the air temp sensor filter recomended on the sticky thread, you won't need it if you plan to cut a hole in the 1st filter and mount it there. If you go that route, extending the wire harness will be required.

I ran underseat K&N for awhile with my Corbin and there was plenty of room between the intake and the seat, I didn't notice any problem prior to going with the triples.
In fact I have a theory that the stock seat air intake limits the top speed of the bike. I just don't see how it can flow at maximum facing backward in a vacuum at 130+mph.

Last edited:
I am still using the under seat air filter. I will be installing a Corbin Rumble seat. Aftermarket seat pans (including Corbin) do not have the nifty air intakes built in...is this an issue.

I think it's less restrictive. The stock seat manifold pulls air from the rear of the seat - the opposite of RAM.

Back