Alister

.060 Over
Well... I just ordered one for my '07 R3C Tourer. Any bits of wisdom I might glean from our wonderful membership? It should be done just in time for my arrival back home (bit less than three weeks).

Corbin seats are very firm, too hard for some people. I had a Corbin Rumble Seat for a while and while it was firm, it was also comfortable.

One thing to be aware of if you're shorter.. The seating area on the Corbins is wider underneath your legs. This takes pressure off the butt and makes it more comfortable for long rides. However, this wide area also makes it a longer reach to the ground for your legs. Just something to be aware of.

I'm of average height, I think -- 5' 9", so it shouldn't be a problem.

Very firm? That may be a problem, but if I read correctly, Corbin will reshape as necessary, provided I cover the freight.

Anything's better than the stock saddle.

I've heard Corbins were very hard seats but that was what it takes to make them more "long ride comfy". My stock seat goes off to Califonia on Monday for a face lift. Lonzol convinced me I need a Russell Day Long seat. My butt was sore when I got back from ES. Should have the seat back in about a month.

I've heard Corbins were very hard seats but that was what it takes to make them more "long ride comfy". My stock seat goes off to Califonia on Monday for a face lift. Lonzol convinced me I need a Russell Day Long seat. My butt was sore when I got back from ES. Should have the seat back in about a month.
Still lovin mine!

Good luck on having Corbin do anything once you have the seat. I love my Tour seat on an R111 but my wife is not so happy. She rides her own bike but when she rides with me she puts a gel pad on the Corbin.

Corbin is not customer friendly after you have the seat. I have owned more than a few and very little problems but if you have one too bad.

I do know if you are able to take your seat to Hollister in Calf you can get some help.

Bill

Corbin Saddles

I'll have to stick up for Corbin cus IMO:D, they adjust and repair at no cost for one year and quite often beyond the one year. I purchased a two up with back rest from Arl Ness and it is getting re-covered as we read. It has been 3 weeks but they are busy this time of year!!:cool: So I'am riding the SD and touching up the carb and such!
rockenrobert
gotta see the world, it will only take a minute

Well... mixed reports, but most seem happy! I guess I'll just have to suffer through the final two weeks of this deployment and find out for myself!

Fairly certain that between the Progressive 440s and the new saddle, my Rock will be ridin' like a Caddy. Too bad no one makes a road sofa for 'em yet.

I am very happy with my Corbin.....don't give up on Corbin to quick, they do break in and get more comfortable after a few miles........or maybe your butt just gets calisous's;) either way I like mine.:cool:

The Coribin is the only seat that allows me to ride the R3 for several days straight. It fits my sorry ass perfectly. I tried three others that stunk.

Back