Corbin Seat questions on 2015 R3T

Griff

n + 1
Ride
2015 R3T, 2018 Indian Roadmaster, 1981 GS1000G
Hey all, I bought my 2015 R3T with a Corbin seat installed. Backrests for both rider and passenger. I'm not sure whether these are the same ergonomics as the standard Triumph seat and backrest setup. I'm 6' 3" tall and I've worked out that to have the bits of my back that need to be supported by the rider's backrest I need to have arms about four inches longer than I have already (and I have long arms!) I've been actively looking for risers to suit and will fit risers to the bars when I can find some - that's a given because the standard bars are just so far away from me that I'm not sure that it could ever have been designed that way! But even then I've done some calcs, and reckon I need to lower the rider's backrest about 1 1/2" by cutting that much off the bar that inserts into the rocker mechanism and re-drilling the hole to retap a thread for the adjustment. The 'rocker' mechanism still has plenty of play in it despite having a 2 1/4" screw in it and I think that once it's lowered I could cant it forward using the grub screw but at the moment the (supposedly) shaped area for my lumbar spine is WAY up my back - if I brought it down and THEN angled the lumbar support I reckon it would be great. I've googled extensively and investigated Corbin's website but no help really. Has anyone else had this issue with a Corbin seat on an R3T - and, before I take to it with a hacksaw and tap, what did you do about it? Cheers, Griff

Sometimes one must think out side the box. You are looking for parts for the bike when maybe you need the upgrade and not the bike; your arms are just too short.
Here is a way to remedy that and it only takes a few months to get the length added to your arms... Your welcome.

Sometimes one must think out side the box. You are looking for parts for the bike when maybe you need the upgrade and not the bike; your arms are just too short.
Here is a way to remedy that and it only takes a few months to get the length added to your arms... Your welcome.
so helpful @Boog! Interesting story though! :)

Classic bars swap per @Tripps is a great switch, thunderbird risers and at 6’3” fits me nicel, i have corbin solo seat for touring but these upgrades swaps have been a big improvement for me.

Back