ArizonaKid

.040 Over
Ride
2021 Rocket 3 GT
I always ride solo on my R3GT and so took the backrest off and had installed the Triumph finishing pieces and the padded infill piece. I didn’t like the way the seat felt with that arrangement, so I ordered a Corbin Gunfighter solo seat. The hardest part was deciding on materials and colors and ended up with an all black vinyl seat in a couple different textures and red stitching. I’m happy with it and it is very comfy. You do have to transfer the edge trim pieces from the stock seat, but that was no problem.
06AC6A29-0143-4839-AB21-4F0D3ED267C3.jpeg
FAC0D611-6DAD-4812-82EA-BEB693FB272E.jpeg

I saw the several other threads relating to Corbin's Gunfighter seat and several thought it unbecoming (ugly) on the R3. I have intermittent lower back problems and the high back on any motorcycle seat/saddle is pretty much a requirement for me. I've had Harley Davidson seats, Mustang seats, Le Pera seats and Corbin seats on previously owned bikes and liked them all, and all had a similar shape. I particularly liked this seat from Corbin because of the deep bucket-like seating position and the part that comes up high on your butte. It gives my lower spine just enough support to prevent any back discomfort. I also like the fastback tail part that, to me, flows well with the lines of the bike. But, I suppose those kinds of likes/dislikes fall into the category of personal preference, or beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or to each his own, etc., etc.. I happen to like it - a lot. On this particular machine, the same holds true for windscreens, exhaust, tail tidy kits, and the like. Anyway, just my take and nothing more.

Hey Kid

Can you take a pic of seat bottom so we can see mount? Thx
It's a standard thick plastic/fiberglass seat pan with a tongue up front and the standard male pin/peg in the back. The 4 threaded holes for the edge trim are along the edges and in the correct places. The pan is a little bit flexible and you may have to flatten it a little to get the trim pieces on and/or to allow it to seat in the female catch. I read here somewhere that others had to add a washer or two to lengthen the pin in order to get it to latch properly, but mine worked find out of the box with no adjustment at all - worked fine.

I always ride solo on my R3GT and so took the backrest off and had installed the Triumph finishing pieces and the padded infill piece. I didn’t like the way the seat felt with that arrangement, so I ordered a Corbin Gunfighter solo seat. The hardest part was deciding on materials and colors and ended up with an all black vinyl seat in a couple different textures and red stitching. I’m happy with it and it is very comfy. You do have to transfer the edge trim pieces from the stock seat, but that was no problem.
06AC6A29-0143-4839-AB21-4F0D3ED267C3.jpeg
FAC0D611-6DAD-4812-82EA-BEB693FB272E.jpeg
I am building mine now! Going with snake skin 😜

Back