Corbin f'd up

JRock

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 Rocket III Standard
I ordered a Fast Gun and it arrived today with the lock pin 3/4 of an inch too far back.
So seat is unusable.
FEDEXis picking it up tomorrow and back it goes for 'repair'.

I am not thrilled with the idea of them doing surgery on the seat pan to move the pin.
But I don't really have any choice.

Well the good thing is when they move it and you are sitting on it you can't see it. Just having it right and the ability to take it off when needed will be good. Great looking seat and hope it fits you well.

1l4deo.jpg

I've read so many Corbin horror stories here I am concerned. The seat is beautiful.
If it's not fixed I will do a charge back on the credit card.

I recently bought a Corbin seat for my CBX1000 I ordered the optional back rest for the wife. The seat was very good BUT the back rest is just awful! Nothing like what I ordered. It even has (I'm throwing up a bit in my mouth) an embossed 'image' of a motorcycle wheel with wings either side...:sick::sick::sick: I had a Corbin seat before and I loved it. I ordered it direct from Corbin USA; however, when I went to order the CBX1000 one they said I had to go through their rep here in Australia. The sales service was ordinary at best and I nearly pulled the pin before I ordered it. Anyway it got even worse when I finally got the seat. I had to go up the food chain to get anywhere near half decent customer service. I ended up dealing with the owner of the shop and to be fair he was very good. He has offered a few 'suggestions' to get the backrest sorted. I just thought stuff it I'll fix it myself. At least I have the skills to sort it out (I'll make a 'plug' to vacuum form some textured black ABS over and replace that god awful one with the logo on it) but I will NOT be buying another Corbin again... Not unless I can actually go to Corbin factory in person and follow the seat through the whole process so I get what I want. I can't see that happening any time soon ;) Backrest-TheOne_Expected.PNG Backrest_Rear.JPG

Luckily no issues here. That being said I have heard of enough issues and less than stellar customer service.

Companies and individuals need to give what they promise. Nobody should have to accept shoddy workmanship. Especially being that nothing is even close to being cheap these days.

Worse comes to worse one can always do what
@JRock said and resort to a chargeback.

Last edited:
As an alternative - Baldwin saddles - the fit is never an issue because he uses the pan off your bike, and all the options one could want.

I have put these on four bikes now, and love them.

My above comment aside, I have a Corbin seat and I love it, however since the factory is only a couple hours for me I took advantage of the ride in service and made sure the seat was perfect before I left. It took all day I got there at eight in the morning and I didn't leave until after five in the afternoon and I had to send the seat back several times letting them know that I expected it to be perfect.

Even with all that, a couple weeks after I bought it I pulled it back off the bike and noticed that the four bolts holding the mounting brackets on had only been put on hand tight by the Corbin technician, I re installed them with blue Loctite and haven't had any issues since.

Competence is not distributed evenly across the universe, or across factory workers, either.
It seems we have a 50/50 chance of getting good quality from anything we buy these days.

Back