Corbin Fastgun seat question

Mike Sands

Supercharged
Ride
roadster 2012
Has anyone had any problems with the fastgun seat? In oarticular what about the fact that they miss off the air ducts from the underside that pipe air into the triumph air filter box? Also has anyone had one made completely in leather rather than the leather vinyl mix that they recommend.
Thanks
Mike

Might consider that upgrade in a few months BB. But at the moment I cannot get my insurance company to cover me for even fitting Triumph's own TORs
Mike

Might consider that upgrade in a few months BB. But at the moment I cannot get my insurance company to cover me for even fitting Triumph's own TORs
Mike

Bloody hell Mike, either you're a quarter of the average age here, or you've been a very naughty boy. ;-)

sounds like you need another insurance carrier.

I'm no expert but I can't see losing the snorkels will make much difference in the stock config.

sounds like you need another insurance carrier.

I'm no expert but I can't see losing the snorkels will make much difference in the stock config.
I agree, but when I try and inform them of the mod (which I haven't done yet BTW), they reply 'yes that's fine as long as it doesn't affect the performance' When I reply 'errrm that is the point of fitting them,' they simply refuse to answer. No, that's not exactly true. They seem to say it's OK if I talk to them on the phone but they refuse to put it in an email or in a letter ..... that worries me. Yes I may change insurers when it comes due in the New Year, but I couldn't previously find any sensible prices for a two-bike policy when the Rocket is one of those bikes.
Mike

Wow, with the insurance company being that anal, fitting the Fastgun seat might be seen as a performance enhancement since it removes the restrictive snorkels.

You can't cancel the policy mid-year for a refund over there?

Wow, with the insurance company being that anal, fitting the Fastgun seat might be seen as a performance enhancement since it removes the restrictive snorkels.

You can't cancel the policy mid-year for a refund over there?
many a true word spoken in jest TD. If UK insurance companies can find a way of denying a claim they tend to. That can include things like fitting decals to the bike. They always fall back on their 'statistics' that show that (for instance) people who fit go faster stripes are more of a risk therefore they might have wanted to increase the premium if they had known. So yeah .... anyone who fits a seat with a name like Fastgun has gotta be a bigger risk hasn't he :)
Any refund for mid year cancellation gets eaten up nearly 100% by 'administration charges' and anyway as I said it's proved difficult to get a multibike policy which includes the Rocket3
Mike
PS What about this insurance wangle? Another driver hit my car and so my 'No Claims Discount' was not affected (I didn't claim). But at renewal time my premium went up because their statistics show that any driver involved in a no-fault-accident is more likely to be involved in a 'fault' accident in the next 18 months .... you gotta laugh haven't you?

Back