Bedifferent

Old man on a bike
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
Shortly after joining the forum I posted a review of my Corbin fairing. "FYI My Corbin Fairing Review". In spite of some of its faults, I still think it is the best looking fairing for the rocket, provides great protection for your hands in the cold and rain and is easy to take on and off if I want to go with the with or without the standard windshield. Hopefully my mods will fix most of my complaints about the fairing. I'm a picky bastard and am never happy with anything until I make it mine by modifying it.

In that review, I posted some pictures of the beast also know as "Orca", showing the wind deflectors, various pictures of the fairing and the dashboard I made. This winter, I can't ride anyway, I have been working on making the final version of my wind deflectors as well as some mounts for two accessories for the dashboard. I wanted to be able to have two options for mounting both a handlebar bag for cell phone, gloves, garage door opener, etc and also an option for my Garmin Zumo GPS. Easy on and easy off was the plan. Well, I am done, so I am posting some pictures if anyone is interested how it turned out. Note: Three of the pictures are from the original post showing the bike, the dashboard and the wind deflectors...a experiment and work in progress. I'm sorry that most of the pictures of the mounts and such are upside down, but it was impossible to photograph properly without mounting it on the bike. I still need to setup an easy access plug for powering the GPS and also the lower wind deflectors will more than likely require a small cut away to accommodate the radiator. That should do it. The GIPro-ATRE is installed and gear positions learned, so all I have left to do is maybe a different set of grips, for certain install a BreakAway throttle lock and last but not least, the Eastern Beaver relay fix. Finally ready to ride!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    566.6 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    736.1 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    668.8 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg