Corbin Dual Tour saddle on a standard

R3Tex

Living Legend
Ride
'13 Rocket III Roadster
I know this has been discussed before but can't find my specific issue. I am fitting a Corbin dual tour saddle to an '09 standard using the supplied bracket. Corbin supplied instructions are easy enough to understand...remove the old seat and install a bracket on the rear fender with supplied hardware, put the new seat on and run a bolt in from either side that threads into the bracket. My problem is that the bracket doesn't line up with the holes in the seat on one side. So before I start hacking on the seat or the bracket to force a fit...has anyone else had this issue and is there and easier fix? Am I missing something?

When mine was new it took quite a bit of forcing it forward to get both bolts to line up. Try using a tapered punch to line it up. There's no adjust ment really. Or try sanding down the rubber bumpers a little if need be. After it's been on awhile it settles in.

Hi There
Have a brand new R3 tour and would like to fit a drivers backrest, my old ride was a CORBIN seat and found it good.
Has anyone tried fitting the said backrest only available from Triumph to the existing stock seat?

Thanks...that's what I was looking for

I had the same problem on my roadster. I put a rachet strap around the back of the seat to either side of the crash bar and pulled it down until I could get the bolts started. Now, after being installed for 6 months, I can take it on and off without the strap.

I hacked up the bracket.:rolleyes: Worked out OK .:thumbsup: Great seat but too wide for short legs:(.

Back