Corbin Beetles/Paint Burn??

JoseyR3Wales

Living Legend
Ride
2014 Victory Vision Tour
I have been told that on the R3 Classic there is a problem with the factory exhaust burning the paint on the Corbin Beetle bags. At $1749.00 a set I would not be a happy camper. I have seen several R3's with beetles on them in the galleries, any input from experience :?: :?:

I wouldn't say it "burns them" but the location of the exhaust causes carbon to build up on the bottom. It doesn't show up anywhere visible, unless you're crawling around under the bike :D

If you're concerned about it, youcan always buy some of the 3M paint protector sheets and stick them to the underside of the bags. you can then replace them periodically.

Thanks Brother. I have e-mailed Corbin regarding the problem. I'll see what they say. 8)

With a picture being worth 1000 words:
Beetle3.jpg

In my case it burnt the paint and burnt the felt lining material inside the bag. My dealer and I think we have the answer by changing the exhaust tips to the Triumph Silencer End Cap B (it's 2" longer than the cap on the Classic). Once my bag comes back from Corbin, we'll know whether we need to adjust further.

When I bought the Corbins for my Victory in '03, they came with the 3M heat shield sheets. Can't believe for that price they don't still include them.

Captain Rich said:
With a picture being worth 1000 words:
Beetle3.jpg

In my case it burnt the paint and burnt the felt lining material inside the bag. My dealer and I think we have the answer by changing the exhaust tips to the Triumph Silencer End Cap B (it's 2" longer than the cap on the Classic). Once my bag comes back from Corbin, we'll know whether we need to adjust further.

Man that would piss me off. Thanks for the picture....it is indeed worth a 1000 words and then some. :x

Wow, that's interesting. I have the slash cut tips and my bags look nothing like that. I even have LED's on a strip on the bottom of the bag and they are not burnt at all!

Yogi said:
Wow, that's interesting. I have the slash cut tips and my bags look nothing like that. I even have LED's on a strip on the bottom of the bag and they are not burnt at all!

Are you riding a "Classic" ? They say the pipes are the difference (length). The dealer offered to change my pipes to standard issue and I said no thanks. Wanted a classic, bought a classic, no changes. If there is a problem it's in Corbin's design. Thanks Yogi

My dealer ordered the extended tips from Triumph and as soon as I get them on, I'll post a pic - they're very similar to the stock Classic tips, only longer (hopefully they'll clear the bag so there's no heat directly under it)

Back