Pinhead

.020 Over
Ride
05 rocket3
Just wanted to repost this thread I found about corbin beetle bags replacement locks with keysđź‘Ť

Just got my set of Corbin Beetle Bags off eBay. Looks like they were a set that were on the forum a few years back. I thought I would post some pics for those who have never seen them as I sure as had a heck of a time finding any.

They are actually in really great condition. The right one has a little rash that appears to have only gouged the gel coat. The left one had some of the fiberglass pulled out from the mounting point.

I was glad to see how sturdy these things feel. Great strong hinges for the lids. They are carpeted inside with that speaker box kinda carpet.

The locks dont have keys but I was able to find the manufacturer and a local distributer that sells the entire lock and key for 12 bucks. They are made by southco part number is 93-303. Here is the link to the part if anyone needs it Push-to-Close Latch, Push Button, Key Locking, Pull Tab In Line With Latching Pawl, Plastic, Black

The mounting brackets appear to be home made but they could have come like that from corbin. I will be cleaning those up today and probably powder coating them.

I am throwing around a few ideas I may want to do with them. Debating if I want to do an LED retrofit on them, clean up the scratches and have them painted, make a quick release system for the brackets, put small LED's inside so you can see in them at night.

I only plan on using them for longer rides and will be taking them off when in town.

Last edited:
Back