ThePhoinix

.060 Over
I'm presuming the coolant level should be checked when hot, although the manual does not say so. However I am puzzled because for the last 3k miles the coolant was in the good range when cold and all was well. However last week I went out in around 90 degree heat and coolant was running out the overflow tube at my first stop. No leaks though, it seems. No temp warning, and it was running fine, pouring out tons of heat.
After it cooled off, the coolant level was well below the "min" line, which was the first time I've seen that.
Now, this was the first really hot day I've taken the rocket out, but it seems a rather dramatic difference if this is normal. Is this a normal seasonal variation? Or is something wrong?

The coolant level should be checked when cold ! Not sure what year your bike is but this could be caused by the pressure cap on the radiator being a little fatigued and blowing off a bit early . This would cause the symptoms you describe !

because of the heat here mine did that twice to me so i just left it alone and did not refill it and it has been ok since.

because of the heat here mine did that twice to me so i just left it alone and did not refill it and it has been ok since.
This is what I'm hoping. Good to hear this isn't an isolated thing.

It is a 2015 touring. Just got it last October, 3.3k miles. **** well not be anything fatigued!!!

Back