Coolant Overflow Tank Question

tdragger

Living Legend
I thought that I had ordered the Weapon-R 18oz tank with the top/bottom ports as shown below.

Unfortunately, I ended up with the one shown below. It has 2 ports on the top but no pickup tube on the inside. I assume that this will not work for the Rocket. True?

I like the idea of the external sight check tube but I assume that it needs a pickup tube on the inside.

Would a properly size tube rammed into the port from the inside be sufficient? I wouldn't have a means of securing it. Suggestions?

I thought that I had ordered the Weapon-R 18oz tank with the top/bottom ports as shown below.

Unfortunately, I ended up with the one shown below. It has 2 ports on the top but no pickup tube on the inside. I assume that this will not work for the Rocket. True?

I like the idea of the external sight check tube but I assume that it needs a pickup tube on the inside.

Would a properly size tube rammed into the port from the inside be sufficient? I wouldn't have a means of securing it. Suggestions?

If you wanted that top one, it is actually the Weapon-R Coolant Overflow Tank (Universal, 24oz)

I do not think the 18 OZ tanks come with top and bottom ports....These are some great tanks at a reasonable price....

yep. I see that. I'll see what I can work out with the guy that I bought it from. His ad had the wrong picture which mixed me up.

I'm looking to mount it to the frame right behind the rad. What do you thing would be the best way to mount it?

I'm looking to mount it to the frame right behind the rad. What do you thing would be the best way to mount it?

Vertically!!!!! or as close to it as possible. You want the {rad to bottle tube} to sit as low as it can in relation to the fluid level in the can.

Edit: Looks REALLY cool btw.8)

Back