coolant leaking out overflow tube

Justin Wall

.060 Over
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
2012 roadster with about 1500 miles on it. Took it out for a ride and when I parked it and shut it off I noticed coolant poring out of the bottom. Large puddle.

depends.jpg
Just a thought ;)

Or you could be overfilled? Do you actually have any fluid in the overflow catch? If so, you've got too much. Mine has always overflowed if there was any in the catch after filling. Runs best with only the radiator filled and bottle empty (when cold).

Old thread re-unite time:rolleyes:...Anyway guys i had the leaking cap and overflowing bottle thing going on today..I took a close look at the Triumph design of the radiator neck where the small sealing washer sits in there and Mr Triumph has made the seat conical instead of a bigger flat surface for the flat rubber washer. Easy fix is take the cap and put a washer under the rubber to apply a bit more pressure on the rubber on the cap and sealing surface in the neck of the rad. Problem now fixed.

dealing with the
I experienced the same issue from brand new, found the radiator cap was not on all the way. Loosened the cap lock screw and turned the cap on all the way, tightened up the locking screw, no more problems.
radiator cap problem, new one from dealer says original Triumph part ( from China), So tomorrow we will see , no locking screw, dealer say no locking screw, cap refuses to lock down tight and spews fluid, so tomorrow we will see what is what.

dealing with the

radiator cap problem, new one from dealer says original Triumph part ( from China), So tomorrow we will see , no locking screw, dealer say no locking screw, cap refuses to lock down tight and spews fluid, so tomorrow we will see what is what.
I replaced mine with a KTM cap, no more spewing. Zombie thread I know but radiator caps are an overlooked item that can cause
a lot of problems.

Back