Coolant Leak

sds

.040 Over
Ride
2014 R3R,
A few weeks ago I noticed a wet spot on the floor under my 2014 R3 roadster. I tightened up a hose clamp and this took care of the issue. A couple of days ago I noticed a new spot on the floor. Coolant is running down the low side(bike is on side stand) of the cover around the radiator.
I spoke with the dealer about the issue. They told me just to leave it alone, and they would address it when I bring it in this spring for its normal maintenance .
Not real happy that an almost new bike with less than 1500 miles is losing coolant. Had I wanted spots on my garage floor, I would have purchased a different brand mc.

The shop made a report and attached it to the bikes file, so as far as it being covered under warranty, it is. I live in southern Minnesota, and the dealer is 90 miles away. Unless I trailer it up to them, I will have to wait until the roads are cleaned up, and it warms up a bit.

why wait until spring when they are busy and don't want to work on it.

Dude go out and tighten the two hose clamps on the thermostat housing. Then double check the bleed bolt right above the thermostat housing. Follow all torque specs on the triumph bolts and well you know about hose clamps. My bet is it's the small hose on the thermostat housing. In fact you might as well run all the hoses since it is so new and be done with it !!!!!!

I would rather have it done before spring so that I don't miss any riding days when they need to order a part from the factory...

Holy $hit, Phil!
Just married and you're already eye candy for large teets?!?!?
How is your neck doing with all the rubbernecking?
:p

Back