Coolant Leak Part 2

Boony

Turbocharged
Ride
2010 Rocket 3 Roadster. Black and shiny.
Last week I posted a problem about a coolant leak. The part was identified by Greggor. I ordered one and it has arrived. The next problem is how do I remove the old part?

upload_2019-6-30_11-3-15.png

I have tried to gently remove it, but I am reluctant to try too hard as it is attached to the head.
The next picture shows the part.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190629170915677_COVER.jpg

And a closeup of the connector.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190629170931397_COVER.jpg

Has anyone done this before or know how to do it?

There was another thread going on about the same part, that had gotten bent and kinked. From what I remember, and see, sadly it appears to be pressed in. Cwappy design, if so. If it were mine, I guess I'd try to pry it out somehow, but probably fubar the hole doing so. Then maybe you could tap it with threads, and put a REAL fitting in there.o_O

There was another thread going on about the same part, that had gotten bent and kinked. From what I remember, and see, sadly it appears to be pressed in. Cwappy design, if so. If it were mine, I guess I'd try to pry it out somehow, but probably fubar the hole doing so. Then maybe you could tap it with threads, and put a REAL fitting in there.o_O
I saw that thread. I was hoping to avoid doing that except as a last resort.

The knurled area is so its a larger diameter knurls raise the metal. That is what will be the interference fit. A slotted punch that gows over the tube without touching it except on the base flange for installation. Pulling it out should not be hard. Figuring out why the fist one did seal is the real important thing so you fo not repeat it. Hopefully the did not muck up the hole diameter.

I will speak to a engine expert tomorrow. Hopefully he has the answer.
From blowing up the picture as best I can it looks like its got the same grey sealant as the cylinder liners bet they did not get it seated right before it hardened up. I look at mine when I get dressed. Coffee first :)

From blowing up the picture as best I can it looks like its got the same grey sealant as the cylinder liners bet they did not get it seated right before it hardened up. I look at mine when I get dressed. Coffee first :)
Definitely coffee first! The day does not start before coffee. Ever.

Back