Coolant flush and fill

vindex1963

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 Rocket 3, 2015 Victory Cross Country
I did the coolant service with the engine cold following the service manual. I removed the plug over what looks like the thermostat and filled the radiator until coolant came out of the hole where I removed the plug. I ran the motor until the fans turned on and let it cool, the radiator was full so I filled the overflow tank to the max mark. Now....when the bike is hot there's no coolant coming out but when I shut it off coolant runs out of the overflow tank. I have a feeling the overflow tank should be checked hot and what I'm seeing is the coolant I added to the overflow plus expansion fluid is what's coming out. Seem like a lot has come out.

Thoughts??

Totally normal.

Keep an eye on the radiator level when it's cold and the bike is upright level, as long as it's staying full it's fine.

It will like out the excess until it reaches equilibrium eventually. Once it stops puking check levels and you'll likely have only a bit in the overflow with a full radiator, totally ok.

The overflow min/max marks aren't quite correct.

What is an appropriate Coolant to renew mine when I install new hoses? Should the thermostat be changed? How about the Oring on the thermostat cover?

What is an appropriate Coolant to renew mine when I install new hoses? Should the thermostat be changed? How about the Oring on the thermostat cover?
I use this rick, it works

Attachments

• FD086B27-8ADF-42C1-A6A1-8A6D883DD997.png
    FD086B27-8ADF-42C1-A6A1-8A6D883DD997.png
    90.9 KB · Views: 21
Back