Coolant catch tank

joesoap

Supercharged
There,s a few things that irritate me about Rockets and one of them is the inability to check the coolant level through the OEM tank...Now like most 3,s mine does,nt lose or use coolant but on a long road trip i like to check all levels each day easily before hitting the road. My bike is off the road now till spring so time for a few bits that need doing including ive fitted a catch tank with a nice clear sight tube which will make life a lot easier during the summer riding and enable fast checks..

Attachments

• catch can3.JPG
    catch can3.JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 16
  • catch can1.JPG
    catch can1.JPG
    234.3 KB · Views: 16
  • catch can2.JPG
    catch can2.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 16
Square Oil Catch Can 15mm & 10mm Fittings Universal Breather Tank Crank RACE CAR | eBay
This is the one i bought and a lot less than 100 bucks too:eek:...Anyway i had to trim about 1" off the front lower edge of the bear..the throttle cover bracket is ideal for fixing to the supplied bracket and works really well with the overflow pipe now ive turned the top around so the 2 pipe fittings are facing inwards.. Ive also recently bought a complete colour changed tin collection to swap from black to this very nice tribal including getting a few bits of chrome powder coated satin black to match my recent T-bar change.. Just looking around now for a couple of nice exhaust cans to fit to my modified Jardine pipes, been adapted to accept regular 4 bolt Patten so should have plenty of choice finding nice sounding cans:) Anyway as always a few pics to enjoy...
Very clean looking job. The only thing I can see that you might want to look at it with the tank on can you do a ISCV reset. It also looks hard to check return throttle cable free play/ But if it removes easily and can just dangle there while you do the maintenance you will be fine. Very Very clean looking. anodize it red and it will look OEM.

Very clean looking job. The only thing I can see that you might want to look at it with the tank on can you do a ISCV reset. It also looks hard to check return throttle cable free play/ But if it removes easily and can just dangle there while you do the maintenance you will be fine. Very Very clean looking. anodize it red and it will look OEM.
Its only a 10 min job to drop it out without losing coolant...I only run with a pull cable as on all my bikes so cable free play simplified;) thanks for the comments...

Square Oil Catch Can 15mm & 10mm Fittings Universal Breather Tank Crank RACE CAR | eBay
This is the one i bought and a lot less than 100 bucks too:eek:...Anyway i had to trim about 1" off the front lower edge of the bear..the throttle cover bracket is ideal for fixing to the supplied bracket and works really well with the overflow pipe now ive turned the top around so the 2 pipe fittings are facing inwards.. Ive also recently bought a complete colour changed tin collection to swap from black to this very nice tribal including getting a few bits of chrome powder coated satin black to match my recent T-bar change.. Just looking around now for a couple of nice exhaust cans to fit to my modified Jardine pipes, been adapted to accept regular 4 bolt Patten so should have plenty of choice finding nice sounding cans:) Anyway as always a few pics to enjoy...

I was ripped off!!! :eek: :roll: :D
And I got none of that mounting hardware! :confused: :(

Think twas Summit Racing where I got it.

@phar2slo
Pretty sure those are much larger than the one used by @joesoap.
Just sayin' . . .

APOLOGIES!I rechecked other than AliBaba and tis indeed the same size as mine.
6.75" tall & 3.15" X 2.5"

Last edited:
Back