coolant bleed screw ?

Wrecka

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3R
Hello friends,
Really hoping someone could please post a pic of exactly where the cooland bleed screw is and what it looks like , had a gander around the oil tank but cant for the life of me find anything that looks similar to what im trying to find.

IMG_1061.JPG
Really hard to get a picture of ! It's the bolt directly above the center of the thermostat housing. The red pencil is touching the bolt.
The manual has a black plastic piece removed, that's why you can see it better in the shot of the manual.
IMG_1075.JPG

Someone should really do a video on changing the Rockets coolant. A dealer friend of mine says some bikes not just Rockets come in that haven't changed the fluids for years...:confused:

Well my coolant is never going to get old. 2 blown hoses, leaking rad cap and most recently the water pump. My bike seems to get new coolant every year. New problem every season it seems like. That is my biggest complaint with my bike, coolant on the floor every single spring. I'm glad everyone doesn't have this problem.

Well my coolant is never going to get old. 2 blown hoses, leaking rad cap and most recently the water pump. My bike seems to get new coolant every year. New problem every season it seems like. That is my biggest complaint with my bike, coolant on the floor every single spring. I'm glad everyone doesn't have this problem.
get yourself a Samco Silicon hose kit and you will possibly never change a hose again ..... yes they are that good
Just while on the Topic there are a lot of people who think Coolant prevents corrosion, Well it doesn't if you use normal tap water.

It is vital that you use Demineralised or Distilled Water when mixing with coolant or buy the ready mixed stuff

get yourself a Samco Silicon hose kit and you will possibly never change a hose again ..... yes they are that good
Just while on the Topic there are a lot of people who think Coolant prevents corrosion, Well it doesn't if you use normal tap water.

It is vital that you use Demineralised or Distilled Water when mixing with coolant or buy the ready mixed stuff

Yep, I looked at those hoses. I not changing now because every hose I have in new. I have extra water pump gaskets and an extra rad cap on hand. In a couple of years I might order a set of new hoses to have on hand. Knowing my luck I'll need a rad by then. And for coolant I always buy premixed, when you only need a couple of jugs it's worth it. By the way I've had the above mentioned bleed screw out quite a few times now and it was only the last time that I dropped it behind the oil tank. Yep, looked like a dork with 1 finger in the hole stopping the flow and the other arm trying to dig that dam bolt out.

Back