Convert from Floorboards to Pegs

desertw0lf

.060 Over
Has anyone converted a R3 Classic from floorboards to pegs? What all is involved? Do the shift and brake lever assemblies need to be replaced as they look like they would be too high? Tried searching but haven't found anyone that has done it yet.

You should be able to find someone out there looking to go from pegs to boards and set up a trade.

The swap would involve the mounting rails, boards/pegs, shifter w/ linkage, brake pedal, and very importantly, the metal part of the rear brake line.

Save your floor boards as I believe you will switch back especially if you do a good amount of mileage on the bike. Just my 2 cents worth.

Other then that the switch over is easy especially if you change rails and all.

Has anyone converted a R3 Classic from floorboards to pegs? What all is involved? Do the shift and brake lever assemblies need to be replaced as they look like they would be too high? Tried searching but haven't found anyone that has done it yet.

Today's deal for w0lfie:

Left & right mounting rails with foot pegs, shifter & brake pedals, covers... $200 plus packing/shipping at actual cost. What you see, is what you get... I'm using the shift rod ends and brake reservoir with short line.

Conversion is straight forward. Takes about 2 hours including bleeding the brake. If you buy the setup and have problems, post up. I converted to the boards for long haul comfort. It's fine for short trips too. The pegs are for commuting. I rode 1000 miles with pegs one weekend and never did it again (too painful).

Wow.. I was hoping it wouldn't require replacing everything. I guess I am going to hold off on doing it as I do plenty of +1000 mi trips a year - would want to be able to switch back for long rides.

Thanks guys.

Wow.. I was hoping it wouldn't require replacing everything. I guess I am going to hold off on doing it as I do plenty of +1000 mi trips a year - would want to be able to switch back for long rides.

Thanks guys.
Save yourself the time and Money,I first fell in love with the Rocket Classic then when I went buy one early 2010 could not get anew one (didn't want a second handy) bought the STD and rode with them (the pegs) for a year untill I went on a long trip put up with sore feet went out and bought Kurykin Dualie pegs still not comfortable bought the Classic Board kit.... ain't going back!!!!:D

Back