Connecting a none triumph fuel gauge??

StuUK

Standard Bore
Ride
Hayabusa
Hi All
I'm a new owner of a 2004 standard R3
Well it was standard, has ramair, no cat and shortie exhausts.

Im trying to figure out how to connect an aftermarket fuel gauge but struggling to get anything usable from the r3's level sensor.
I can see from the schematic that the level sensor output feeds into the ecu and I can measure a varying voltage here of around 2.5 volts when the float is in the empty position and 1.5 volts when its in the full position.
There is a fuel gauge connector under the tank. 4 pins 2 seem to carry around 12 volts one is ground and the other green/black seems to be an output from the ecu which i assume is the line that alters or drives the meter.
Problem is that i cant seem to get anything usable from this connection when i vary the height of the float ie there is no voltage difference or varying resistance that i can measure.
I was wondering if anybody has ever looked into this and can shed some light?
Thanks
Stu (UK)

Hey there In the UK , did you ever find any information on the after market fuel gauges. Im assuming the fuel gauge has a resistor or variable resistor in it to vary output to the ecu......?? Just wondering, I would love to have a needle to look at while hammering down the road..

Back