sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Just checked out some of the new videos for 2016 triumphs. Wow no old guys. Just young adventures off the main stream type people riding. Most of the time when we run across somebody on a triumph they are a lot like myself. Over fifty a bit overweight and basically main stream but with a few quirks about themselves. I can understand kind of what Triumph is aiming at in there promotion videos but lets get real here. The 2015 official video of the Rocket X just knocked my world. Watched it over and over again. If the video had some young unshaven hotshot in it I would have more then likely blew it off. As it is when we had one or two many beers in us we ended up playing on computer and going back to video. My wife realized that there might be a problem. After much sucking up we were able to purchase one. That really is what sells bikes, the bike itself not the rider.

Just checked out some of the new videos for 2016 triumphs. Wow no old guys. Just young adventures off the main stream type people riding. Most of the time when we run across somebody on a triumph they are a lot like myself. Over fifty a bit overweight and basically main stream but with a few quirks about themselves. I can understand kind of what Triumph is aiming at in there promotion videos but lets get real here. The 2015 official video of the Rocket X just knocked my world. Watched it over and over again. If the video had some young unshaven hotshot in it I would have more then likely blew it off. As it is when we had one or two many beers in us we ended up playing on computer and going back to video. My wife realized that there might be a problem. After much sucking up we were able to purchase one. That really is what sells bikes, the bike itself not the rider.

Summed up quite well Sonny. Although for our manly egos' you left out, "and the wife said yes". :rolleyes:

Hipsters that's what they call themselves. I like what some of them do with old choppers and rat rods but I can't wait for them to become virtually extinct like the hippie.

Triumph is making a comeback with the younger crowd. A couple years ago most ****** rocket riders had no idea Triumph was even a thing, let alone their history. Now I'm seeing more dudes my age on Triumphs. I like it.

Too true. The bikes need to appeal in their own right and marketing alone can't do it. If Triumph really wanted to grab younger riders they maybe could have come up with bikes that appeal more and not just gone for image, but it does work for Harley so can't really blame them. We, after all, aren't their target market any more - we being over 50s and already with a passion for the brand (apologies to the youngsters out there).

It's about bang for buck. They're likely to pull in more fresh money when marketing to the younger crowd. I'd bet that as a demographic, older people pay less attention to advertising versus word of mouth.

Also let's not forget that the reason a lot of older people get into riding is to feel young. Seeing young people would just reenforce that image.

It's the older guys that have the money and the experience, Triumph should reevaluate their marketing strategy.... Just because what we used to do all night ,takes us all night to do doesn't mean we can't ride her...;)
:roll::roll::roll:just wet myself ....... that was funny:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back