Confused about sissy bar and backrest pad

mully95

Living Legend
Ride
Roadster
I'm interested in getting a sissy bar and backrest for my 2010 Roadster. I realize there is a short sissy bar and a tall one. I guess I'll go ahead and get the tall one for the most support for my girlfriend but was wondering what it actually looks like on a Roadster. All the pictures I find is the pictures by Triumph accessories and it just doesn't do it justice of what it actually looks like.

The pictures of the backrest pad and the picture of the sissy bar with back rest pad look totally different. I can't get in my head of what it suppose to look like. Another words the picture on the right showing the backrest looks like a different back rest than the one in the picture on the left.
Anyone have the backrest that Triumph sells?

A9738070-Sissy-Bar-and-Luggage-Rack-Tall_Black.jpg A9708177-Classic-Sissy-Bar-Backrest_Black.jpg

Here's how mine looks, The photo you have of the backrest with the Triumph logo on the back looks like the back rest that was on my Touring. That's probably the difference you are seeing. Hope it helps. :)

[/URL]

Last edited:
Mully the photo on the right (pad only) is a Classic pad. The other photo shows the pad that you get with the Standard model. I got the ' Touring Package' when I bought my bike , Triumph were throwing it in as a sweetener back in 2009. I've had my high Sissy Bar (that came with the package) shortened to even shorter than Triumphs short one. Catherine finds it really comfortable , I bought the Classic pad for her.

You can order what you want. When I purchased my standard I ordered the tall bar and the curved pad. That simple.

Attachments

• DSCN2134.JPG
    DSCN2134.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 218
  • DSC02970.JPG
    DSC02970.JPG
    949.5 KB · Views: 203
Here's how mine looks, hope it helps :)

Jim did you purchase everything after you bought the Roadster? If so can you post the part numbers?

Fellows what are the advantages of having an short one and a tall sissy bar?

Idaho red rocket.... thanks for the pictures. Where did you get you seats on your bike? That pillion seat would be perfect for my girlfriend.

I had a tall one all along. Didn't care for the look of the small pad so replaced it with the larger one. These days it's mostly used to hold a sissy bar bag in place but I think it just looks too tall. Bought a short one for when I want a more minimalist look but find the tall one holds the bag better. Passengers don't seem to feel much difference between them. I got the short one cheap so I'm happy to have both. If I just had one I'd probably pick the tall one because its more usefull, although doesn't look as good.

I'm interested in getting a sissy bar and backrest for my 2010 Roadster. I realize there is a short sissy bar and a tall one. I guess I'll go ahead and get the tall one for the most support for my girlfriend but was wondering what it actually looks like on a Roadster. All the pictures I find is the pictures by Triumph accessories and it just doesn't do it justice of what it actually looks like.

The pictures of the backrest pad and the picture of the sissy bar with back rest pad look totally different. I can't get in my head of what it suppose to look like. Another words the picture on the right showing the backrest looks like a different back rest than the one in the picture on the left.
Anyone have the backrest that Triumph sells?

A9738070-Sissy-Bar-and-Luggage-Rack-Tall_Black.jpg A9708177-Classic-Sissy-Bar-Backrest_Black.jpg
I have the tall one too Mully! I think it looks just fine and my wife likes it! ;)

Back