Want to Buy complete aftermarket exhaust system

nicko

The big fella
Ride
2014 rocket 3 roadster
Hi guys,

Have a 2014 R3R chasing an aftermarket exhaust that will give me decent gains and sound better then stock.

Cheers

Cheap way is get onto Meerkat Exhausts up at Gympie and have him modify your stock mufflers. Bike will sound better and maybe even gain a few horsepower with the TORS tune downloaded. Otherwise it will require digging into your pocket and grabbing a system from Reband or CES like I said.

CES up in Brisvegas is the most logical choice they fit up perfectly give some serious gains as long as you also allow more air in by fitting a Ramair or some of the larger K&N's, the 2780's are ok but are working to thier limits the larger ones a better

I like my K&N RX 4040 -1 but there is mother similar model that angles away they are call the 1717 or something like that, the popular Ramair is also a good choice as it moves a good deal of air, with you being tall I reckon you might like the K&N RX 4040-1 like I have

Which intake system would be best?

Impossible to answer as it's not that simple. Plenty of options around. Have a bit of a search through the forums and photo gallery. I like what I have but it doesn't appeal to everyone. Some people really dislike the noise from triple filters while others don't mind it or even prefer it. Ramair seems to be OK but lots of K&N options. Also depends on what else you plan to do. You need to do a bit of homework mate.

Nicko one style of K&N you can keep your bearclaw cover. The taller 440 K&N's won't fit under the bearclaw. Ramair fits under the bearclaw.

I like my K&N RX 4040 -1 but there is mother similar model that angles away they are call the 1717 or something like that, the popular Ramair is also a good choice as it moves a good deal of air, with you being tall I reckon you might like the K&N RX 4040-1 like I have

I'll check it out thanks hanso, have been doing a lot of homework on intakes to be honest i just want something that works well as there is a lot of opinions on whether or not different intakes work better than others

Impossible to answer as it's not that simple. Plenty of options around. Have a bit of a search through the forums and photo gallery. I like what I have but it doesn't appeal to everyone. Some people really dislike the noise from triple filters while others don't mind it or even prefer it. Ramair seems to be OK but lots of K&N options. Also depends on what else you plan to do. You need to do a bit of homework mate.

Want i want to do is intake, exhaust and tune and get reasonable gains in power and torque, possibly down the track turbocharging but for now just the above

Back