Competition Werkes and Penner map

imcool

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3R 2022
Hello All,

Can you please tell me if Penner map is working good for you with Werkes exhaust? I am planning to do both things at once on my rocket within 2 weeks so just curious.

Cheers

I am wondering if engine would run lean with Penner map + (werkes etc) open exhaust,

how can we confirm that it will not run leaner on penner map or Penner map has been modified to resolve engine running lean problem with open exhaust?

Can someone confirm?

You can confirm it on a dyno.... equipped with an exhaust gas analyzer.

Unconfirmed I'm pretty sure Penner's map will run richer than stock... but that's only a guess. Penner's map is know to give more power even with a low restriction exhaust. That means more fuel needed.

You can confirm it on a dyno.... equipped with an exhaust gas analyzer.

Unconfirmed I'm pretty sure Penner's map will run richer than stock... but that's only a guess. Penner's map is know to give more power even with a low restriction exhaust. That means more fuel needed.
No fuel has been added above 50% throttle. Fuel was added at lower throttle and rpm.

This map shows my dyno run at stock and after Penners tune. I have had my exhaust rebuilt so the cat is removed and it is more freeflowing. Note the A/F ratio line...its spot on...that is showing RWHP or P.S. (155 Hp)

Scan_20210924 (2).png

Hi all. I have an Aussie 2020 GT fitted with Competition Werkes pipes ( no baffels....LOUD!!) Any way I was going to flash with the latest penner 31012Map.hex OEM_Rev.03
I Assume this is suitable for the Australian bike. Anyway I pull the fuse for the headlight and the fuel pump and guess what they just keep going. The only way to kill them is to pull the ignition fuse, which then kills the ECU. So not sure what the issue is with the fuses but will it be OK to leave the fuel pump running while I run the flash. I will run a battery Tender to keep the charge up but wondering if it will hurt the fuel pump?? How long does the flash take?
Thanks

Hi all. I have an Aussie 2020 GT fitted with Competition Werkes pipes ( no baffels....LOUD!!) Any way I was going to flash with the latest penner 31012Map.hex OEM_Rev.03
I Assume this is suitable for the Australian bike. Anyway I pull the fuse for the headlight and the fuel pump and guess what they just keep going. The only way to kill them is to pull the ignition fuse, which then kills the ECU. So not sure what the issue is with the fuses but will it be OK to leave the fuel pump running while I run the flash. I will run a battery Tender to keep the charge up but wondering if it will hurt the fuel pump?? How long does the flash take?
Thanks

- not sure about your map, you need to verify, double verify by yourself.
- you pulled fuse and nothing turned off because I suspect the fuse box label is placed incorrect orientation. take a picture of fuse box top cover label and i will show you mine for comparison.
- fuel pump doesnt run all the time when igntion is ON+ engine off so it will not break.
- 20minutes.

Thanks
Yes you have the correct map. 31012 is the "all markets unrestricted map"
You are only supposed to pull the headlight fuse. Nowhere on tuneecu for the new rockets does it say to pull fuel pump fuse or ignition fuse. The fuel pump will "ready" itself as you'll hear but it wont keep running as there is no need for fuel.
The ancillaries need to "prime" the bike in preparation for starting, which now makes the ECU accessible.
When you prime the bike, you'll hear the fuel pump and lots of quiet clicking and buzzing but that needs to happen, hence the reason to pull headlight fuse. Its during this period you now flash the bike. 20 minutes later and you'll be done.

Back