Compatible Lowers?

RocketEd

Supercharged
Ride
'10 Roadie
A long time ago someone posted about lowers that would fit the Rocket forks, but I can't find it now. My memory is the VTX1800 parts would fit. I'm looking to add lowers to work with my Corbin, so if anybody knows what works I'd appreciate the info.
Thanks.

that's what I've got on mine..they work..I suppose any of them would work as they are only a rectangular shaped piece of metal with two bolt holes in each one..the fork brackets are the important part that ya need..and they are nothing more than a 'clamp' that ya spread open to go around the fork leg and then tightened down with a bolt, which also holds the lower..

I agree, the fork brackets are the important part. That's why I'm asking about other bikes that have the same diameter fork tubes. I'll probably end up making the shield part to my liking anyway.
Are you saying the VTX clamps worked?
TIA

This is from one of my earlier posts:

I've been thinking about this as well and fortunately I think I found the right part numbers. Assuming that the outer tubes are 61mm, the proper clamp from Memphis Shades is S1145 which is a 60mm (see note below). The entire lowers mounting kit is part number 2321-0038.

The application chart on the Memphis Shades site says that the 2321-0038 will fit the following:

Suzuki VL800 series including the C50T
Kawasaki VN900 Vulcan Classic
Honda VTX1800 with the Covered Forks
NOTE: The chart indicates that the VTX1800 Covered Forks are 63mm so the assumption is that they will fit our 61mm forks.

Thanks, I assumed as much, actually hope it will help keep the black fork finish under the clamps in better shape since the fairing and lowers won't live on the bike full time.

Ok, so this is turning into quite the cluster f**k.
Finally got around to trying to make up lowers. After not being able to find the 2321-0038 at Motorcycle Superstore, I just ordered for the 1800 and got MEM9890 which don't fit. Too small. J&P Cycles says that part number should be MEM9954. Google 9954 and find spec's at Parts Unlimited - says 9954 fits up to 55mm. Won't fit. Too small.
Can't find a simple part number Search function at the Memphis Shades site.
So I google 2321-0038 and go to Dennis Kirk. Dennis Kirk says 2321-0038 fits C50, but no mention of the T. The picture at Dennis Kirk shows part number MEM9891. Parts Unlimited doesn't say what size forks MEM9891 fits. Search 9891 at Dennis Kirk and it says it fits C90T. Memphis Shades says the C90T has 69 to 78mm forks. Won't fit. Too big.

I'm going to ASSUME Dennis Kirk just has the wrong picture to go with 2321-0038...

Can you just imagine how complicated I could make a BIG project?!?

Back