Common issues to look for?

LakeDrunk

Where's the Beer?
Ride
2005 Rocket III
I posted before saying I was going to sell my CVO Ultra Classic and buy a Rocket 3, well, my CVO sold on eBay today and as long as the buyer actually pays, I'll be buying a Rocket!

I've found a few 2012-2014 stock Rockets for decent prices, but I've found a 2005 Rocket with the bags, the windshield, the exhaust, Corbin seat, etc. for a great price! It has everything I'd like to do with a newer one, it has 26,000 miles.

So my question is, is there any main reason to stay away from the earlier models? Any common issues? Is there a noticeable performance difference?

just make sure it has the "update kit" put in which sort some potential gearbox and other issues. Otherwise basicily the same Motor, just some ECU firmware upgrades but can be tuned to give similar if not the same performance

ABS or not. Some think it's a big deal many do not.
For me I'll never have anther big bike without it. Just my opinion.
Good luck with your search!

IMHO buy what you can afford. That said 2009 and up have had all the bugs worked out! That said again their are a lot of older models that have had no issues.

IMHO buy what you can afford. That said 2009 and up have had all the bugs worked out! That said again their are a lot of older models that have had no issues.

All the bugs???????????????? quite a few of the newer bikes have had gear problems and also the famous ignition problem, no bike is bullet proof unless you are buying a Honda:D

2005 - 2009 has color to offer in the paint department. 2010 forward you can have flat black or shiny black. I like Standards and Roadsters as to me they are the best. Some like the Touring but you give up a lot of what makes it a Rocket.

Back