Colors - R3T - Need Some Observations

ksquared

"O Captain, My Captain"
Ride
2008 Red/Black R3T
Guys:

I'm considering changing the bike I am buying from all black to the black/red combination.

Can anyone tell me - is the red a bright red or a more muted red - closer to burgundy? In other words: Is it strawberry soda or cabernet sauvignon or something in between?

The photo on the Triumph web site for 2009 bikes makes it look like a fairly bright red - but not so bright as the color of a side maker reflector.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks.

Mine was Phanthom Black and "Sunset Red" I would think that the Triumph dealer would be able to provide some sort of paint code. Corbin was able to match the beetle bags to my bike perfectly so it is out there somewhere.

Dennis

25 dtg Dubai
26 dtg Home

Subdued red color. Bright in the sun light. Not ferrari red. Not burgundy / maroon. It's the color I wanted when I first looked at the R3T, but I'm happy with the all black.

How much flake does the Phantom black have in it? I'm going from jet black on my 05 to phantom black on the 09 I'm picking up Monday. Bought the bike unseen so I don't really know what phantom looks like.

I have phantom black..it's got a fair bit of flake in it.. mines an 09 and the choice was phantom black or claret red..my last two bikes have been red..i would have had jet black given the choice :cool:

ray

Triumph calls my '05 "Cardinal Red." HJC makes a helmet that is the identical color, but they call it "Wine." I have heard of "Mulberry," but haven't seen one in person, so I cannot compare it with anything. My friend has an '08 Chevrolet HHR with almost the identical color, but Chevy calls it "Victory Red."

Back