Code P1690 - Need some experienced help.

Bayrestowe

Standard Bore
Ride
2008 R3T
Need some experienced help.. 2008 R3T no mods.
Engine light on (well.. it comes on goes off sporadically).. Reader picks up stored code P1690.
Seems to be affecting fuel mileage.. and a full tank of gas is showing approx 150 miles to travel rather than the regular 190-200 - so seems to be something other than the description that I can find for the code P1690 that indicates CAN/BUS communication issue.
All gauges etc are working on dash panel... but bike threatens to stall occasionally particularly when warming up... any others with such experience?

Need some experienced help.. 2008 R3T no mods.
Engine light on (well.. it comes on goes off sporadically).. Reader picks up stored code P1690.
Seems to be affecting fuel mileage.. and a full tank of gas is showing approx 150 miles to travel rather than the regular 190-200 - so seems to be something other than the description that I can find for the code P1690 that indicates CAN/BUS communication issue.
All gauges etc are working on dash panel... but bike threatens to stall occasionally particularly when warming up... any others with such experience?
Mine throws a p1690 everytime I disconnect a sensor, it just means communication error somewhere in the system, without another code it probably means nothing, have you disconnected anything lately, what reader are you using, are you resetting it? Stalling sounds like a vacuum leak, I just accidentally disconnected my map sensor and it wouldn't idle, hard starting, but it through both codes 1690 because I disconnected the MAP sensor to clean it, when I plugged it back in I didn't realize the hose disconnected farther down at the triple connection, I forget what the MAP sensor code was I think 5500, but I guess it could be a dirty electrical connection, make sure you disconnect the battery before disconnecting electrical connectors, I blew my speed sensor just disconnecting the speedometer instruments to lift the tank and plugging them back in, and I also had a problem the purple wire fell off when I touched it I was looking for why my clock and Trip meters reset everytime I turned the ignition off, but I'm not really good with electrical, Decrosse is, maybe IM him, I think it's kinda weird with no other codes to tell you what's not communicating?? You sure you don't have any other code's

Back