Clutch shuddering

Jack

.020 Over
Ride
2004 Rocket 3
I'm riding a 2004 R3. Done only 34,000 Kms
I've noticed the clutch has developed a shudder when I take off.
Has anyone experienced this and what advice can you offer

MY 05 has always done it and i know the cable is adjusted properly :x3: So i just release the lever slowly to start off and thet keeps it from shuddering. i was told by another rocket catain that the factory springs are weak so change out the springs with carpenter's springs or the Kawasaki springs. i dont recall which Kawasaki. i haven't done it yet tho, i will procrastinate until it needs new fibers :thumbsdown:

True, but that never helped mine - 2mm & Mobil1 synthetic 10W40
Hmmm…. I wonder if switching to 15W50 would help???

I doubt if it would help but I always run 15w50 because of the heat and mileage that I have.
For his bike i figured for a few dollars just change it in case someone put some old cooking oil in it
Lol

Do you know if it's possible that someone has ever been in at the clutch?
When did this start?
I haven't ridden it a lot because its a recently completed total rebuild and its still too cold and wet here.
Its had previous owners so its possible its been worked on although its only done 30,000kms.
I just noticed it recently.

MY 05 has always done it and i know the cable is adjusted properly :x3: So i just release the lever slowly to start off and thet keeps it from shuddering. i was told by another rocket catain that the factory springs are weak so change out the springs with carpenter's springs or the Kawasaki springs. i dont recall which Kawasaki. i haven't done it yet tho, i will procrastinate until it needs new fibers :thumbsdown:
My clutch is also correctly adjusted. I think I'll follow your suggestion and go with it until it either worsens or I need new plates

Back