Clutch Rattle

Big Marty

Turbocharged
Ride
2010 Rocket 3 Roadster
I have a 2010 standard roadster with 22000 kilometres (14000ML) on the clock. the bike has developed a rattle that disappears when the clutch lever is pulled to take up the slack so to speak. The dealers mechanic says, typical triumph, what you worried about, it's under warranty, they all do it.

Losing faith in the dealers mechanic, well lost I reckon he's a F*** head who's due for a serious flogging.

Anyone else have or has had this clutch rattle and if so can you please tell me what caused it and how it was fixed.

Thanks marty

I have a 2010 standard roadster with 22000 kilometres (14000ML) on the clock. the bike has developed a rattle that disappears when the clutch lever is pulled to take up the slack so to speak. The dealers mechanic says, typical triumph, what you worried about, it's under warranty, they all do it.

Losing faith in the dealers mechanic, well lost I reckon he's a F*** head who's due for a serious flogging.

Anyone else have or has had this clutch rattle and if so can you please tell me what caused it and how it was fixed.

Thanks marty
make sure you have play down at the lever where it goes in to the Engine you should have 3-4 mm play there that noise sounds like it could be excessive wear in the actuator a common problem on the rocket and I agree your dealer mechanic might be a F*** head, has it always done it (unusal) or if it has just starting(a definate problem) here's a number for Peter Stevens Australia Warranty ask for Chris 03 9381 9754 hopefully he will be able to sort it out but I would insist on having the clutche lifter acxtuator examined:)

Thanks Hanso I'll be onto that first thing Monday morning, give my dealer a chance, suggest to him what the problem may be, asked what they can do or will do. If no joy go off my head.

Then call Peter Stevens and make formal complaint to triumph about my dealer. Thanks once again Hanso I new this is the place to find out what's wrong:)

Thanks Hanso I'll be onto that first thing Monday morning, give my dealer a chance, suggest to him what the problem may be, asked what they can do or will do. If no joy go off my head.

Then call Peter Stevens and make formal complaint to triumph about my dealer. Thanks once again Hanso I new this is the place to find out what's wrong:)

Not sure if it is on this forum or the .com sit but there is a lot of info about it do a search

I test rode three R3's a few months ago. A 2008 with 2500mls, a 2007 with 15000mls and a 2009 with 4800mls - I bought the 2009, they all had a clutch 'rattle' when the lever was out, there was also a slight vibration felt through the left hand footrest. I was told by all three dealers that it was common with all Rockets and nothing to worry about. Where I bought mine there was also a very well used 2006 (didn't notice mileage) in the workshop, I asked the tech to start it for me and that also had the 'rattle' and vibration.

So :confused:

its a sign that you indeed have free play it is supposed to be 2-3 mm at the handle it is easier if you check by pulling the sheath on the cable back out of the hand lever. the rattle is the lifter piece in the liftershaft. If you have know free play or in your case adjust it out (your dealer already knows it is right from talking to you) the your lifter shaft will break and you will be either paying the dealer or doing it yourself.

I got my bike back from the dealer after a service one time and the clutch cable wasn't adjusted properly and I started her up and it screeched and then the cable went limp . Actuator shaft thingy snapped. Needless to say I made them come and get the bike with there truck and repair it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back