Clutch Oil spray nozzel

Kens

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 2005
Has anyone ever had the nozzle out, if so, is it just one piece and which direction does it go back in, as it's got a cross drill hole in.

It will only go one one way and spray on clutch basket

Attachments

• D1A1CC6C-CC37-40FB-8B52-8ED7CA9CFE0A.png
    D1A1CC6C-CC37-40FB-8B52-8ED7CA9CFE0A.png
    646.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 42BD98C6-6D68-425B-86EF-8A94E08A2DB2.png
    42BD98C6-6D68-425B-86EF-8A94E08A2DB2.png
    615.9 KB · Views: 32
It will only go one one way and spray on clutch basket
Thank you, but I was asking if there is a certain position for the nozzel, it looks as if it should spray sideways out of the cross drilling. Imaging a clock face, it will spray at 12 & 6, or 3 & 9 etc., I'm guessing the best position is 2 & 8 , but I may be over thinking things and it probably doesn't matter. Cheers Ken.

On my pipe there is a separate nozzle inside a holder screwed on the end. You can undo the little holder (using 2 ten mm spanners) and take the little spray jet out, which has a cross drilling, inside the cross drilling is a ball and spring, so it kind of sprays each side. What I did in the end was to spin the pump shaft with a drill to check it was spraying where the the basket would be, and put put the clutch back.

Howd the drill workout and the spray pattern that came out?
I tightened the chuck onto the pump drive shaft, put the drill into reverse, covered my hand and drill to protect from the oil, then pulled the trigger increasing the speed until I could see the spray pattern. It showed two spray areas opposite one another. I turned the little nozzle until the spray areas were up and down, as it looked as if they would both be behind the clutch once it was refitted. I'm not sure if that's right, I just thought the more oil behind the clutch basket would be best for cooling. I guess time will tell?

Back