BigNorm

Boobie Inspector
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Touring
I was riding harder than I should have this afternoon and I finished by doing slow speed maneuvers with a lot of clutch and throttle. I had a lot of clutch slippage the rest of the way home. When I got home I adjusted the cable out a little at a time and had slippage each time. Now I have the cable all the way out and no slippage. Is this normal at 2800 miles? Is there a better clutch that will work or should I be investing in heavier springs. Your help is appreciated. NORM

NO it's definitely NOT normal for a clutch to go at 2800 miles it must not have been adjusted properly from new. There are lots of people on here I am sure with a lot higher klms than the 30,000 kms (18,600 odd miles for the US guys) I have on an original clutch.

I got 40,000 out of a set of MTC FIBERS and still going strong. Yours would be very unusual as most that are adjusted wrong from the Dealer break the lifter piece. But your explanation of adjusting the clutch leaves a lot to be desired. Adjusting the cable out sounds as if your loosening it or making the cable longer in the sheath. Now you do adjust the knurled nut out of its threaded hole if that is what your trying to say?The object as the book states is free play 2 to 3 mm do you have any free play? Triumph call these piece you adjust the lever adjuster and the lock nut.

upload_2016-6-19_5-37-48.png

lets make sure were on the same page. and I am aware you have a touring model but adjustments should be similar.

I've got over 41000 mi. R3T no problems.Agree with the others it needs an adjustment

I loosened the cable all the way down at the nut adjustments and thought I had it beat yesterday. I noticed it slipping again when I got on it. Mostly in 4th and 5th gear. I adjusted it the rest of the way in so now there is no more adjustment. If this doesn't work can I move the lever on the splines or is it keyed to mount in only one position. As always, thanks.

Clutch gets adjusted here

Clutch adjustment Brovo.jpg

I am sorry if this sounds bad, but it sounds like it is imperative that you down load the manual and read before wrenching. Or cut to the quick and set the bike on fire :D

Clutch gets adjusted here

Clutch adjustment Brovo.jpg

I am sorry if this sounds bad, but it sounds like it is imperative that you down load the manual and read before wrenching. Or cut to the quick and set the bike on fire :D
There is no more adjustment on either side.

I guess it is simple. I just wanted to know if there is a keyway on the lower clutch arm or whatever it is called. Is it adjustable?

Back