mr hunt

Living Legend
Ride
2013 Roadster
Turns out my CR250 skills aren't as easily applied to off-roading on my R3 as I thought they would be...also turns out that the clutch lever is a sh#t anchor and doesn't stop the big girl as she slides on her side...

...so, buying a new lever this arvo and i notice that pre-2010 machines have the fracture point type and post-2010 levers are solid. I am wondering what all y'alls experience is with the 2 different types. Given the mounting bizzo is all the same i'm thinking i might swap out the solid levers for the earlier type if they actually do what they are designed to do in a crash?

Turns out my CR250 skills aren't as easily applied to off-roading on my R3 as I thought they would be...also turns out that the clutch lever is a sh#t anchor and doesn't stop the big girl as she slides on her side...

...so, buying a new lever this arvo and i notice that pre-2010 machines have the fracture point type and post-2010 levers are solid. I am wondering what all y'alls experience is with the 2 different types. Given the mounting bizzo is all the same i'm thinking i might swap out the solid levers for the earlier type if they actually do what they are designed to do in a crash?

FWIW - The clutch lever on my 2010 R3R ground half the ball end off in my left side crash a year and a half ago and survived just fine and still remains in use on the bike today!

I do like the look of those...i was concerned about the small levers but i have seen @Mittzy 's hands so if he can grab 'em i'll be fine i reckon :roll:

FWIW I ended up with a stocker...$AU 60...was surprised, I thought it would be more expensive

And I can tell you they're very comfortable to use, having spent a hour or so riding your bike today. :thumbsup:

Really like the look of these!
Are they available in the US?
I can't find a link so far.

Back