Clutch fibers and plates compatibility

Karl Tyrson

.020 Over
Ride
2005 Rocket 3
As time went by, I started to feel a little slip on the clutch on 1st gear, recently moreover. I Reckon the previous owner did not have this bike a clutch service, left aside changing the plates and so on. So I think it´s time to do so. BUT, for all the pandemic issues and the fact that there are so few Rockets here in Mexico, it is quite impossible to find any parts. I tried on the Triumph official dealer but they would be getting them here in about 6 months or so. and EBC won´t have them here neither.
So, the big question. I know that some parts are "shared" or compatible with other makes and bikes. like relays or cables or lights etc. So, I really need to know, which make and bike´s plates and fibres fit correctly for this bike? EBC has the CK5624 only for this bike, but I believe there can be others to use. Please, help me out on this.

The Barnett system works really well for a stock or semi built bike. I have over 30,000 miles on my Barnett pads and plates along with springs. Easy pull on clutch and works much better than the stock system with weak springs. Very easy to order complete kit on line. Our bike's are listed.

Shipping is slow especially at the border. Even internal here in the USA has slowed down because the airlines have slowed down it took a week and a half for mail to come from Illinois down here to Virginia. Crossing the border would make it almost a stand still. It over 2 months for a oil tank badge to arrive from Finland. I think it hit custom's and just sitts there. No matter what you used your betyer off going whats in country. A place that big someone has to have a barnet set on the shelf. The busa fibers and plates are another source where you might find some in country.
Fiber #21441-24F30 and steels #21451-24F10 . I do not know the thickness so I can not tell you if it has the same amount amd same stack height. Also my guess would be you eliminate the anti judder spring and seat with the busa plates, same if you ordered MTC. Like I said if it weren't for the shipping delays at the border I could send you a good set of fibers. Newer Triumph spring with less the 5000 miles on the springs. I think I have enough down here in Virginia on hand for a couple 2 or 3 clutches. And maybe 2 sets worth of steels. So we won't write that off. How is the freeplay on the clutch if you have less then the 2 to 3 mm that triumph requires that will take pressure off the plates and they will slip. The freeplay is key to longevity. Also make sure your using the right oil specifically for wet clutches. Just thinking out loud here :)

Shipping is slow especially at the border. Even internal here in the USA has slowed down because the airlines have slowed down it took a week and a half for mail to come from Illinois down here to Virginia. Crossing the border would make it almost a stand still. It over 2 months for a oil tank badge to arrive from Finland. I think it hit custom's and just sitts there. No matter what you used your betyer off going whats in country. A place that big someone has to have a barnet set on the shelf. The busa fibers and plates are another source where you might find some in country.
Fiber #21441-24F30 and steels #21451-24F10 . I do not know the thickness so I can not tell you if it has the same amount amd same stack height. Also my guess would be you eliminate the anti judder spring and seat with the busa plates, same if you ordered MTC. Like I said if it weren't for the shipping delays at the border I could send you a good set of fibers. Newer Triumph spring with less the 5000 miles on the springs. I think I have enough down here in Virginia on hand for a couple 2 or 3 clutches. And maybe 2 sets worth of steels. So we won't write that off. How is the freeplay on the clutch if you have less then the 2 to 3 mm that triumph requires that will take pressure off the plates and they will slip. The freeplay is key to longevity. Also make sure your using the right oil specifically for wet clutches. Just thinking out loud here :)
That was very enlightening. Thank you so much. Indeed, there´s a low possibility for me getting parts outside my country now. so I think I´ll check with the mechanic about using busa´s clutch part while all this gods awful pandemia ends.
Thanks everyone for your comments on this.

Back