JackC

.040 Over
Has anyone put a slightly longer cable onto to clutch to suit bar risers. I can run the cable outside of the plastic cowl and it works, but I would rather have a cable that's maybe 35mm longer (1 1/2" in old money). I have fitted a pair of ROX adjustable risers set quite low to bring the bars back more than up. They are really quite good.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jack Caldwell

yes, put on a +2" clutch cable for the Rivco risers and classic bars upgrade...perfect length and keeps stock routing.

I have Thunderbird risers put on, They are about 3" up & 1" back and it will take + 60mm clutch cable.
The brake line to the master cylinder needs + 50mm.
The standard Thunderbird throttle cables are a straight swap and this helps to keep the cost down a bit believe it or not :D

:bch:
Jim

Thanks Gents,
I will start with the +50 cable and see how it goes. I also plan to add some accessory sockets so will post the photo's when all is done.

---
Jack Caldwell

Just spoke to my local Triumph dealer who doesn't have any +anything cables. He didnt know any lengths for any cable operated clutches asked about. Looks like getting something made unless you guys can point me in a direction.

---
Jack Caldwell

you will need to get the clutch cable made. Just order a replacement cable with +2" and you will get what you need....easy stuff.

the 07 Classic pull back bar kit came with longer cables then previous years.

They were only 1/2" longer when supplied with the "kit"...not enough to be routed in the OEM location if you also installed the Rivco risers.

I ordered only the classis bars, not the kit, and bought the custom length cables in order to do the job right.

Hope this info helps...

I will go for a cable made to match the setup. In the tightest position it was 30mm too short to sit cleanly in position. The cable itself is pretty straightforward so I will go for a decent quality replacement.
Did anyone notice how dry the cable was? I am guessing the outer sheath is nylon lined.

---
Jack Caldwell

I will go for a cable made to match the setup. In the tightest position it was 30mm too short to sit cleanly in position. The cable itself is pretty straightforward so I will go for a decent quality replacement.
Did anyone notice how dry the cable was? I am guessing the outer sheath is nylon lined.

---
Jack Caldwell

Jack,

You can find them hire, tell them what you want and they will produce it for you.

Barnett Performance Products | Products | Cables

Good Luck.

hans

Back