Old man on a bike
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
20180816_163755-picsay.jpg
20180816_163811-picsay.jpg
20180816_173319-picsay.jpg
20180816_173330-picsay.jpg
20180816_184209-picsay.jpg

Hi all....Someone wanted to see pictures showing the difference between a 1 1/2" longer clutch cable and a 2 1/2" longer clutch cable when swapping out for the Rivco Risers. I just changed mine out using the 2 1/2 ". I suppose 2" might be a compromise.

I prefer a little smoother arc transition with the longer cable. It is especially noticeable in a full right turn of the handlebars. Not that I would be doing that when riding. :roll::rolleyes::banghead:

So here are some pictures. Pick your poison when selecting a cable length. Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are my pics with a 2" longer than stock from Barnett Cables. I re-routed the stock cable when I installed the Rivco Risers for awhile until I got the longer ones to go back through the original route.
I think I may have gone with + 1 1/2 inches if I were to do it again. It's a personal preference I suppose.

IMG_1503.JPG
IMG_1504.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are my pics with a 2" longer than stock from Barnett Cables. I re-routed the stock cable when I installed the Rivco Risers for awhile until I got the longer ones to go back through the original route.
I think I may have gone with + 1 1/2 inches if I were to do it again. It's a personal preference I suppose.
IMG_1503.JPG IMG_1504.JPG

2" looks like a good compromise. The stainless cables tend to accent any extra more than the black.

So what is the is the original length of the clutch cable actually?

Asking for a friend... ;)

Well, I just measured my original cable and from ferrule to ferrule mine measures 41inches. The outer sheath or casing is 36 inches long from end to end including the adjuster located on one end of the casing.

Keep in mind this is very close to the size. I would say within a quarter of an inch. Others my chime in...

Does anyone know that stock clutch cable length for a 2012 R3 Touring? I'd like to find out without taking the existing one off. The manual doesn't give me any info other than how to change it. Thanks

Back