Clutch cable issues plus. looking for answers as to why?

kingmerle

child of the king
Ride
08 R3T
I broke my clutch cable yesterday on my r3t with 40 k on it. I can live with that problem but what occurred with it has got me completely baffled. The linkage on the shift lever bent in a 90 degree angle and snapped the shift levers pivot point completely off. Any ideas as to why a broken cable would cause those to give out. Could that have happened because in my haste to try to down shift without a clutch cable I maybe kicked down to hard?

Photos, please.

I remember some years ago, there were multiple reports of folks braking the shift lever - some Rocket captains may not know their own strength - In any case, there is substantial recorded knowledge about that repair. Just have to search.

Photos, please.

I remember some years ago, there were multiple reports of folks braking the shift lever - some Rocket captains may not know their own strength - In any case, there is substantial recorded knowledge about that repair. Just have to search.
Ive done a lot of searching but nothing yet. I get pic later today

I broke my clutch cable yesterday on my r3t with 40 k on it. I can live with that problem but what occurred with it has got me completely baffled. The linkage on the shift lever bent in a 90 degree angle and snapped the shift levers pivot point completely off. Any ideas as to why a broken cable would cause those to give out. Could that have happened because in my haste to try to down shift without a clutch cable I maybe kicked down to hard?
Yep!!!

KingMerle search a post called opening up the clutch, there’s a YouTube video in there that may help you. Warp also provided some good info in that post

Back