clutch basket installing issue

fastfun

Supercharged
Ride
triumph roadster supercharged, 2010
After installing a new oilpump something is not going well installing the primary gear of the basket into the crank gear. I did this job already once before but this time I think I do overlook something somewhere in the installing procedure.The oilpump drive pegs are into the back of the clutch.
However, when putting a long screwdriver or something like that into the alignment hole of the basket as the servicemanual is saying, the screwdriver is being clamped while trying pushing the basket forward onto the crankgear and the prime won't slide into the crankgear.

What did I forget checking ?:banghead:

I recently did this job and as I remember it, both sets of teeth on the clutch basket need to be aligned and meshed with the crank gear teeth before the oil pump drive can be inserted into the back of the basket. At least that's how I did mine.
Clutch basket teeth to crank gear first, then oil pump drive.

Video demo might help spot the problem?

Wonderful !:) If you do shave your legs I want to kiss you !:p I do see my installing problem now as your engine is upside down. ;) The servicemanual is showing the right side (facing the engine in front) From this servicepoint of view my mistake had a start cause this time I pushed the screwdriver to deep through the baskethole so the end of the screwdriver was getting clamped somewhere in the gear change actuatorarmrange :confused:

Tnx !

Last edited:
I recently did this job and as I remember it, both sets of teeth on the clutch basket need to be aligned and meshed with the crank gear teeth before the oil pump drive can be inserted into the back of the basket. At least that's how I did mine.
Clutch basket teeth to crank gear first, then oil pump drive.

Tnx. Art's video did remember me what was going wrong. Medication is messing up the alignment in my head I think.:sick:

Back