Clunky gear shifting ?

Rough-but-slow

.060 Over
Ride
07 Rocket 3
Hi all,

Have noticed on recent rides the up shifting mainly between 1st & 2nd seems a bit clunky. Seems to get a a little worse when hot or ridden hard & sometimes the neutral light doesn't work. It feels like there is a bit of backlash when throttling on & off has anybody had issues like this?

I have the rocket 3 touring 2012 and I've put 5000 mls on it, through all that riding the gearbox has sounded clunkey as you say , the hotter it gets the worse it goes.on a long ride my right and goes numb with the vibrations, but I have been stuck in traffic on the hottest days, been out riding in group's been camping on it ,been out for a blast on Britain's finest country roads and I have loved every minute. All bikes have their quirks and the rocket is no different, what you have to remember is 2.3cc kicks out some grunt so you need a lot of metal to keep it all in place, enjoy

You have to remember the ole girl has a little tractor in her blood...my 05 shifts smooth as silk but compared to my other bikes a little clunky at times.. ;)

I thought my bike was quite smooth in the gearbox dept.
Got it back the other day after having the detent spring done and I **** you not it's even smoother ????

Rbs i am not saying that's ya problem..
I only got mine done beacause it let go.
Spoke to w/s and they assured me that was all they done, No other adjustments at all.
Can only put it down to the new blood running through it. Had only done 4k on the last lot so should not have made a drastic change.

Back