'Close saddles' are a Corbin design that offers seating closer to the bars

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s

Heads up for all buyers of second hand CORBIN seats that may fit their model but be for shorter folk.
From the images up to 1.75" further forward with a more pronounced back rise due to lower cushion as well is typical.

Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Saddle Styles | 800-538-7035

Close saddles are a variation on the standard Corbin design that offers seating closer to the bars with a lower seat height and narrow nose for ground reach. Depending on the application we sometimes make CLOSE versions of Classic Solos, Gunfighters and Dual Tour models.

upload_2018-2-11_15-12-21.png

Good find.

Not to open a can of worms, what are the relative merits between doing this, and adding Rivco risers ? (according to the instructions on the set I have - yet to install - the risers raise the bar 1" and move them back 2.25".

Of course, if the risers and seat do the same thing, the risers are far less expensive.

On the other hand, if I have problems with a short inseam, I would want to be changing the seat for both lower and narrower nose -- which I did with my seat with the now defunct Baldwin Saddles (RIP).

Risers change the rider's reach and hand positions relative to the handlebars, Paul while a proper seat change adjusts the entire riders position ergonomically, relative to all control surfaces.

Back