Izzo2

.040 Over
Had a close call riding home from work yesterday. Car went sideways and hit the cement dividing wall about 20 yards in front of me (4-lane highway). Others involved too, but didn't see, as I cut over 2 lanes & got past it (fortunate no-one was in those lanes). Got me thinking about highway pegs, as I definitely didn't feel in the optimum position to react with my feet up on them.

Glad you got through that OK. I generally don't use highway pegs if I'm in traffic anyway but worth keeping in mind.

Hopefully you can say it was your riding skills that got you through it. Glad your safe. It's only the beginning of riding season. Everyone, stay safe.

Had my fair share of close calls, not a good feeling!!

Me too. Pucker factor 8. :eek:

The worst so far was riding back from MV last year and the car in front of me hit the brakes hard. We are on the interstate. I had the dividing wall on my left and a truck on my right. No where to go. Glad the car behind me was alert.

glad you made it through that little pucker moment.
Ya gotta figure everybody out there is out to get you and always leave yourself an "out".
Glad you're safe,
ya'll take care out there.
skip

Been in two cycle accidents in the last 4 years.
1. on my Fat Boy leaving work cruising down a 4 lane 45 mph in town. Witness say the guy blew by them 70 MPH when he ran me over. Hit me so hard it drove the rear of the bike forward so much it snapped the down tubes.
2. on my America old man farmer rolled through stop sign, and I hit his front drivers fender, and went air born.
You learn about God's wills in those times of pain, and fear.

Thank God you're ok. We don't want anymore accidents for our R3O members...or anyone for that matter.

Keep safe and thank goodness you had the awareness and skill to avoid it. Was thinking about highway pegs but this point always concerned me...you've helped save my mind and probably much more.

Back