Clocks out, engine ran until turned off

norseman

Supercharged
Ride
2013 (early year) Roadster
Good morning all.

I was on my way to work this morning when I looked down and realized my clocks were dead. Absolutely no readout. The needles are stuck at the speed and revs I was at when the dials died, no signal lights, no nothin.

The bike ran like a top until I got to work and flipped it off. Now when I flip it on I get no "diagnostic sweep" on the dials and the ignition is totally dead. Signal lights all still work.

Really need help with this, since I'm stuck here now with no (cheap/easy) way home.

Maybe , Check the main fuse as if it is blown battery will run down to low to start engine, and all other fuses of cause.is the fuel pump priming

Your ignition switch is probably fried. Your signal lights, brake lights, and ECU work off a switched circuit that is different from the rest of the circuitry. Therefore I believe that there is one solder joint in the ignition switch that has dried out and failed.

However, It may also be a fuse. I can't remember which one, but it is one of the 20 amp fuses and supplies power to the ignition switch.

Keeping my 05 on a battery tender helps ,if the voltage slips down just a little my battery won't kick the beast over. JM2C...

Definitely not the battery. She started up like fire this morning and was running great, even after the clocks went dead mid-journey.

It's definitely something electrical... I'm going to hope it's a fuse because I can probably sort that out without a lot of fuss. I'll check everything in the box at my lunch.

IDK I'm guessing you're talking about the #6 fuse. 20A with a little engine icon below. The other 20A is just the high beams.

Maybe , Check the main fuse as if it is blown battery will run down to low to start engine, and all other fuses of cause.is the fuel pump priming

The bike is 100% lifeless when I switch the key on, but if I hit the turn signals they light up.

Just a quick update:

Missed it on my first pass through the fuses but it looks like one of them is out. Easy fix! I'm sure you'll all be reading my plaintive requests for help if it doesn't solve my problem, but I'm fairly confident.

Back