Clock installation

Maelstrom

Supercharged
Ride
2007 Rocket III Classic Tourer
image.jpeg

After looking around for a long time, I finally found a clock. Has anyone installed one of these? It looks fairly simple, but my question is do you have to lift the tank, or can the wire be snaked through without lifting it. Any tips, diagrams, directions, pics from anyone who has done this would be greatly appreciated.

Will this work on the Touring ? Oh I want one of these. I even ordered one out of the Harley catalog, and it was a piece of crap.

Do you have a link to where you found yours ?

Links to an OEM source in US said 'no longer available' - although Jack Lilley in UK does not specify that (does not mean it IS available of course)

Triumph Clock Kit | A9938019

You can always call a dealer to find out if the can get in the US and if not, try JL in UK or World of Triumph (Lings) to see if you can source from them

As for install, there is no dedicated connector on the Touring - however it is a pretty simple hook-up - just three wires, Constant Power, Ground and Illumination (switched power);
so for example you could tap the three wires going to the heated grips connector for example (or if not using that, at least swap the connector to mate to mate to it)

Will this work on the Touring ? Oh I want one of these. I even ordered one out of the Harley catalog, and it was a piece of crap.

Do you have a link to where you found yours ?
Got mine on eBay...been on my watch list for about a year and a half. I made a deal with a guy locally last year via Facebook to buy one off of him, then he ended up renegging and selling it to a guy who offered him a lump sum for all his extra R3 parts...I was Pi$$ed off...It's been a real hassle trying to find one of these as they are no longer in production. I passed on another one several months ago as it was really scratched up. Your best bet is to find someone who is stripping their bike down. I've kept a loose eye on the trading threads here and elsewhere, but they are hard to find. I saw some kits online too, the kits in the link you posted fit 2006 and up models, the clock I purchased came from a 2005. I'm not sure if the kits are official triumph products. Also not sure when Triumph quit producing these. Anyways, I wanted a clock to match the rest of my instruments...Good luck!

Last edited:
Tank up and the plug is on the main loom it will only fit the proper one on the loom
Thanks, will lifting the tank affect the gas gauge? Seems like I read somewhere that it can affect the accuracy and it would need to be adjusted afterwards.

Thanks, will lifting the tank affect the gas gauge? Seems like I read somewhere that it can affect the accuracy and it would need to be adjusted afterwards.
no it should not if so then that is a different problem all together. like the gas gauge it plugs into the loom. the tank is made to lift so I would not worry about it.

Back