Want to Buy Clock, fuel gauge wanted.

Yeah bit steep when you can get a chrome or black 1" bar fitting one with white or black face from China for 5 quid.

Back in 1979 I met another oddball. a Yugoslav airport luggage loader with the worst teeth you've ever seen, moving from Melbourne to Sydney with all his earthly possessions in an old 1963 EH Holden. I hitched a lift from Albury to Holbrook, all of 35 miles in about an hour as he turned the engine off at the top of every hill to roll down and save fuel :eek::rolleyes:. It was going to take him a while to cover the 550+ mile trip back then. He had an old mechanical flip number 'digital' clock about a foot wide and 6" high tied to the top of his dash with baling wire and a cable running under the dash somewhere.

He offered to take me all the way back to Canberra which I declined, then insisted on buying me a sit down steak lunch at the servo before I departed to recover my broken down '73 XL 250 Honda at a mate's place in Holbrook.

That's what I paid to put one on my Touring -- and had to modify the wiring harness to accept it. They sure fit the bike.

Price is ridiculous but I will call them.

The clocks are actually kind of cheesy, especially for the money. Just the normal engine vibration turned the plastic gears in my first one to dust after a couple years. It's also hard to get the chromed plastic cover to look right once it's tightened up. Then there is the 1 micron thick gasket..........

Back