hossman

.040 Over
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT Triple Black Edition
Wonder what fellow riders are using on their Matte Black paint? What about the chrome?

I do nothing except wipe with chamois after a wash - thats about once a year:eek:

Run a forum search for "lemon pledge"... seems like everyone uses it. It's almost like it's a lemon party on here! :roll:

I find that both Plexus and Motul Wash and Wax spray work well on matt finishes. Plenty of other stuff does the job too. Trick with chrome is not to let water dry on it. Wipe with a a chamois. Rubbing chrome with some scrunched up alfoil can get marks off.

Just wash it...... the more you screw with the paint the more is will start to shine. There was a thread on a different forum where it was determined that Pledge has silicone in it. I'm not saying it does but a chemist on that sight broke the chemicals down and he said it has silicone in it.

I find that both Plexus and Motul Wash and Wax spray work well on matt finishes. Plenty of other stuff does the job too. Trick with chrome is not to let water dry on it. Wipe with a a chamois. Rubbing chrome with some scrunched up alfoil can get marks off.

Does the Plexus not put a "sheen" on the matt finish? I use it on my gloss-finish helmet and visor. If it doesn't effect the matt finish, I'll give it a try.

I use the spray "Motorcycle Wash" on the wheels, engine casing, and all those hard to reach places. It does a good job but you have to remember to really flush it well with a fine spray from the hose.

Does the Plexus not put a "sheen" on the matt finish? I use it on my gloss-finish helmet and visor. If it doesn't effect the matt finish, I'll give it a try.

No it doesn't make it shiny. It does make the black a little blacker, so you just need to make sure you do all the matt black bits. Not a colour change, it is subtle, but it does remove the charcoal look. If you're worried, try it on a patch under the seat.

Back