Want to Buy Classic Speedo and tacho needed

numbnuts57

.020 Over
Wanted;Speedo and revcounter plus chrome bullet covers for a classic or are there other types available
that will connect to original electrical plugs.
Any help appreciated.

Thing is that they are starting to die more often. Meaning I would be cautious about a "used" one as it too COULD die on you.
And new they are NOT cheap from Triumph. Hence my interest in finding a cheaper alternative. Just in case.

If you are in Spain (a Spanish flag shows) - you're the second one here I am aware of (and there are not that many here) - the other is @drctjcp who is already considering a KOSO solution.
I have been in the UK a month so have not really been in R&D mode. Today I had an emergency at work so had to show willing. Spain+Storms=PowerCuts.

Thing is that they are starting to die more often. Meaning I would be cautious about a "used" one as it too COULD die on you.
And new they are NOT cheap from Triumph. Hence my interest in finding a cheaper alternative. Just in case.

If you are in Spain (a Spanish flag shows) - you're the second one here I am aware of (and there are not that many here) - the other is @drctjcp who is already considering a KOSO solution.
I have been in the UK a month so have not really been in R&D mode. Today I had an emergency at work so had to show willing. Spain+Storms=PowerCuts.

Yes I know what you're talking about regarding power cuts.
I am in Santa Margarita near Gibraltar where I work.
There is a distinct lack of rockets around here.

A couple of years ago I was on my way to Ronda when a guy in a Porsche kept coming alongside me.
In the end I pulled over and he said he'd never heard of the Rocket 3 and was it for sale.
Wish I had sold it to him then my best mate who rode it last year would still be alive.

I saw a custom Rocket on facebook that had a single round speedo/tacho that looked quite neat but no details. They
are out there it's just finding them.

Wanted;Speedo and revcounter plus chrome bullet covers for a classic or are there other types available
that will connect to original electrical plugs.
Any help appreciated.
There are a few around but how much are you prepared to pay? I haven't seen a pair under Au$600 Australian (US$430+) + freight.

Wish I had sold it to him then my best mate who rode it last year would still be alive.
Ouch!. :(
I saw a custom Rocket on facebook that had a single round speedo/tacho that looked quite neat but no details. They
are out there it's just finding them.
There is NOTHING out there : Ready plug and play. The only documented conversions I have seen are using a Dakota Digital cluster and the Koso RX-2N. But this is something that was only possible up to the 2009 model year R3 - Not the R3T or Roadster as they have CANBUS type clocks. This means that unless there is suddenly a catastrophic failure rate - nobody is going to offer a commercial plug and play device. The real issue is not the speedo or tacho - it's the warning lights.

What makes it EVEN more difficult to find a replacement "OEM" is that Triumph made several styles of clocks. Two at least. I was lucky to find the correct kmh set for my R3 "NIB" and they are hidden away just in case. Some have opened up OEM Speedos/Tachos and deemed them unrepairable. My personal feeling is that they are NOT particularly good at resisting EXTREMES of temperature/moisture etc. Southern Coastal(ish) Spain would be a case in point.

R3's in Spain. Upto 2010 there were only 500 R3's sold in Spain (my then dealer acquired the stat's for me). Saw more in the UK last month than I have seen in 8 years here. Then again in the UK there's so much traffic - they're slower. Most I have seen are stock or very very close.

My task for today is to get the R&D set wired up so it'll work in the Land Rover and then find a way to video it working. Had it all sussed but for the life of me I cannot get the lighter plug to engage in the lighter socket and deliver power. I'll update the R&D thread when done.

There are a few around but how much are you prepared to pay? I haven't seen a pair under Au$600 Australian (US$430+) + freight.

$600 is a lot, I take it these were on Ebay, they always quote over the top for postage. In reality it would be much cheaper.

Back