Want to Buy Classic or better Passenger seat for rocket III

flyreels

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III
Hi I would like to buy a classic passenger seat or somthing better than the standard one for my 2006 standard rocket.
Please pm me if you have somthing that would suit, also please not I am in Australia so if you are in the U.S
Please find out how much postage would be first.
Cheers Pete

Pete you can get a brand new Classic seat for $160 these days.
You can, are they a one piece or two? And do you have a contact? as I will get one for that price mate, I asked my dealer and was told it was over $600 :banghead:

Ring your local dealer and ask him to get you part no A9708164. Price is listed at $165. If he can't help you I'll get you one but there will be a bit extra for freight.

Ring your local dealer and ask him to get you part no A9708164. Price is listed at $165. If he can't help you I'll get you one but there will be a bit extra for freight.
Hi mate, thanks for that I just looked up that part number and I have that seat new with the drivers back rest up in my shed from when I had my roadster, but I didn't like the way in dropped me lower to the ground and further forward compared to the stock seat. My dealer when I rang I bet just gave me a price off the top of his head from the last one they sold (mine back in 2010) they haven't sold a new rocket since.
This is a link to a seat I found and it looks like it has a wider passenger seat and not as
Low for the rider? It looks like the original classic seat Do you know if they are any good?

Hi mate, thanks for that I just looked up that part number and I have that seat new with the drivers back rest up in my shed from when I had my roadster, but I didn't like the way in dropped me lower to the ground and further forward compared to the stock seat. My dealer when I rang I bet just gave me a price off the top of his head from the last one they sold (mine back in 2010) they haven't sold a new rocket since.
This is a link to a seat I found and it looks like it has a wider passenger seat and not as
Low for the rider? It looks like the original classic seat Do you know if they are any good?

http://procycles.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=A9708059

That's the one I was talking about mate .. they used to be $600 ..not anymore though. $160 odd nowadays.

I have both those seats and the only difference seems to be that one takes the rider backrest and the other doesn't. As far as I can tell they sit exactly the same and are the same height and shape - except for the backrest.

I have both those seats and the only difference seems to be that one takes the rider backrest and the other doesn't. As far as I can tell they sit exactly the same and are the same height and shape - except for the backrest.
Thanks a lot mate for all your help.
Cheers Pete

Thanks for all your help TC
Cheers Pete

I have actually mounted a touring seat by removing seat mount above battering, drilling a bolt hole in rear fender, and then tying down under seat brackets for the touring. The long haul seat has soft leather and setup similar to mustangs or other premium seats. There may be a long haul version for the classic. you will need the bracket the fits over the rear fender that attaches where your rear pillon currently does.

Back