Chrome exhaust cleaner and other products

Lickety Split

.060 Over
Ride
2014 R3R
What's everyone using to clean the crap off their bike chrome exhaust. Shoe mark and burned rain gear and so on. Bluing, yellowing etc.. some products I'm looking at are Blue Job Metal Polish and Motorex 645. Stuff seems to be a little pricey.

Believe it or not, I use a very fine grade of steel wool to remove shoe marks and other crusty crap that gets baked on the pipes. It has never scratched the chrome.

Oven cleaner works great and it wont hurt the chrome finish

Might speak to @CanberraR3 about that!
I think he had a terrible experience with it on his new CES albeit they are ceramic coated and not chrome.
Just sayin' - be careful . . .

I used it on the CES headers because it does work so well on chrome. Works well on ceramic too; removed everything, including the ceramic finish. :(

HA that sucks

First pic was just seconds after I applied it. :eek:
It cleaned up not too bad though and I have a bit more heat shield than in the second pic covering it now anyway.

IMG_1343.JPG

IMG_1350.JPG

"Auto Glym Paint Renovator" (I think Spelling is correct) works really well on Stainless Steel and Chrome in fact I know Stainless Steel fabricators that swear by it, it is better than most dedicated metal polishes .... not sure how it would go on Ceramic Coating but "Mothers Metal Polish" is good for that as that what was recommended by Sam when I bought my headers from him a couple of years ago

Back