Chose me a tune

ratsidecar

.060 Over
Ride
2006 Rocket III
Hi have a 2006 triumph rocket with tors silencers, the decat pipe pictured and an underseat k&n air filter. The current tune is the triumph oem 20228 one.

What would you recommend I change it to for my bike to unleash a few more ponies? I am at sea level if it makes any difference and I quite like the popping etc on decelleration.

Also is there much of a reduction in fuel economy with the other tunes? I currently get around 33mpg (uk) which is about 27.5 in US mpg apparently.

Attachments

• decat.JPG
    decat.JPG
    228.9 KB · Views: 0
Try this one...
I don't recommend you use that tune as ALL the 20050 tunes have a flawed Base setting which was written into the base by Triumph and there is no access to it by any tuner so use only later tunes the most recent and best base tune is the 20228
Send me a Conversation with your E-mail address and I will send a unrestricted version that will liven her up, fuel econom is largly controled by your right hand

I used a variant of 20050 for many years. It worked very well and I got great MPG combined with my Dobeck Performance AFR Plus. Currently I am testing Hanso's 20228. Still testing just with the tune by itself. I am going to add in my Dobeck after I run several tanks of fuel to get a good comparison when I add in the Dobeck.

Its brilliant how tweakable these bikes are. I always preferred carbs in the past but now I am starting to see some of the positive points of fuel injection.

PS I have sent you a conversation thingy hanso

I used a variant of 20050 for many years. It worked very well and I got great MPG combined with my Dobeck Performance AFR Plus. Currently I am testing Hanso's 20228. Still testing just with the tune by itself. I am going to add in my Dobeck after I run several tanks of fuel to get a good comparison when I add in the Dobeck.

A couple years back I started to have unexplained engine stalling and after exhaustive checking and testing did not find a cause it would happen out of the blue then not do again or it would constantly do it on a ride and not do it next time I cleaned injectors and complete fuel system the work ... talk about frustrating!!!! anyway I was talking to Neville Lush about another members issues I had rung Nev as he had originally tuned this bike (turned out that the guy had a TPS replaced and the Stealer had not set it right and we were away from home so could not check with TuneECU) anyway while I was on the phone to Nev I mentioned about my issue and he asked me what map number I was running I told him it was a 20050 he then informed me that there is a Root part of the Triumph maps that he and anybody else could not access and it had an unstable fault (which effected the idle in some bikes) so that is why the they released the updates hence the 20050 map was superseded by another up date and then it was superseded by the 20228 map which was the last of update maps for the models up to the 2009. I then started transposing my map and other which had been done on the 20050 base over to the 20228 map and have never had any issues after that.
When the Roadsters (in 2010) were released they changed the firmware so none of the previous map will work in them then they upgraded the firmware again in 2013 and are still using the same till current bikes.
I might mention the 2010-2012 Roadster maps will not work in the 2013 onwards models and vice versa.
the Tourings which came out in 2008 use a different version of their firmware and have not changed since and have their own map which is still current since 2008
I thought I would just put explanation in there for any that did not know this
Cheers
Hans

A couple years back I started to have unexplained engine stalling and after exhaustive checking and testing did not find a cause it would happen out of the blue then not do again or it would constantly do it on a ride and not do it next time I cleaned injectors and complete fuel system the work ... talk about frustrating!!!! anyway I was talking to Neville Lush about another members issues I had rung Nev as he had originally tuned this bike (turned out that the guy had a TPS replaced and the Stealer had not set it right and we were away from home so could not check with TuneECU) anyway while I was on the phone to Nev I mentioned about my issue and he asked me what map number I was running I told him it was a 20050 he then informed me that there is a Root part of the Triumph maps that he and anybody else could not access and it had an unstable fault (which effected the idle in some bikes) so that is why the they released the updates hence the 20050 map was superseded by another up date and then it was superseded by the 20228 map which was the last of update maps for the models up to the 2009. I then started transposing my map and other which had been done on the 20050 base over to the 20228 map and have never had any issues after that.
When the Roadsters (in 2010) were released they changed the firmware so none of the previous map will work in them then they upgraded the firmware again in 2013 and are still using the same till current bikes.
I might mention the 2010-2012 Roadster maps will not work in the 2013 onwards models and vice versa.
the Tourings which came out in 2008 use a different version of their firmware and have not changed since and have their own map which is still current since 2008
Cheers
Hans
This explains a great deal when i look at different Tunes and all the advice not to use use tunes for that are not for the correct bike. I am still looking for a tune for my 2014 touring. Please recomend a tune for me. 2014 touring with TOR and Ramair and cat removal pipe.
Thank you.

This explains a great deal when i look at different Tunes and all the advice not to use use tunes for that are not for the correct bike. I am still looking for a tune for my 2014 touring. Please recomend a tune for me. 2014 touring with TOR and Ramair and cat removal pipe.
Thank you.
thats easy give me your email address in a conversation and I will end you a tune to make your Touring sing

Cheers
Hans

I replaced the 20050 tune with HansO's 20228 and could without question tell a great difference in smoothness and performance and

thumbs-up-emoji.png

Back